16mm Baraban Grippers

hulk197

OH MY DANM! I JUST GOT THE BARABAN 210 WITH 16MM HANDLE AND IT IS RIDICULOUS! THOSE ARE SOME SMALL HANDLES AND THE KNURLING IS LIKE A WOOD RASP(LOL). WELL MAYBE NOT THAT INSANE BUT IT IS SOME AGRESSIVE KNURLING. YOU NEED TO PUT THE EXTRA SQUEEZE ON THIS PUPPY IN ORDER TO CLOSE IT. IM TRYING TO GET TO A #3 AND I THINK THAT GRIPPERS LIKE THESE WILL DEFINITELY HELP. DOES ANYONE ELSE USE ONE OF THESE YET? HIT ME WITH SOME OF YOUR EXPERIENCES.

GRIP SAFE!

Good to hear that they have good knurling. I just ordered a 16mm RB180 and a 5/8 BBSM from Grippersuperstore since my 5/8 BBSA and BBM aren't really challanging anymore.

One of my complaints about RB's in the past has been that the knurling isn't as good as for BB's. I usually do my grippers at work so chalk is not an option.

.. neilkaz ..

OH MY DANM! I JUST FOUND OUT HOW CAPS-LOCK WORKS!

HAHAHAHA!! laugh.gif

Got 2 bb 5/8's on Monday and they are VERY NICE! Deep knurling and great finish on the close!

beats the hell out of filing grippers down! and the small diameter handles really "tuffen" up your hands! :mosher

lol i just got a 16mm rb tonight and its realy neat, im gona need to get my chalk for this 1 tho it slides so easy with such thin handles lol but its neat, as for a 5/8 havent tried one yet hope to soon

didn't try them yet, but I am a big fan of RB, having various grippers and the adjustable gripper with very tough knurling!

My 64 mm RB180 and 5/8" BBSM arrived last night. The RB180 definately has some serious knurling. It seems RB has toughen up his knurling since I last bought RB's a couple of years ago. Anyhow, the RB180 spread is rather wide. After some work with it, it seasoned down a bit and measures about 2 7/8". This would be wider than I like, but the handles are about 1/8" thinner than the typical size handles so it isn't uncomfortable to use since the overall stretch of my fingers isn't as far as it would be with 20 mm handles.

The 5/8" BBSM has a spread of just about 2 11/16" just like my BBSA and BBM 5/8.

The 16 mm RB180 is somewhat harder than my normal RB180 and is a good step inbetween the BBM and BBSM. I could just close the RB180 16mm and get a few seconds of OC, whereas I kill the normal RB180.

I couldn't quite close the BBSM 5/8 and think it is just a tad harder than the normal BBSM which I miss by a mm or two on my best attempts.

The 16mm RB180 came with a chrome spring and looks really nice. .. neilkaz ..

i think i might have gone a little overboard a bit too soon. i used my rb180, rb210, and rb240 two days in a row and it took a layer of skin off of my hand. pieces of skin were imbeded in the knurling. im a little bumed but im still trying to squeeze my vulcan gripper because it has a smooth handle. watch out for that deep knurling.