Help Me Fine Tune My Routine

islandd387

Alternate A,B,A, B,A,B

Workout A

2H Pinch Holds 10 seconds, 3 sets.

Rolling Thunder 5 sets, 3 working sets.

Wrist Roller 3 sets, 5 reps slow negative.

Finger Extensions- bands, 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Workout B

Hub Lift Holds 10 seconds each hand, 3 sets.

Apollon's Axle Reverse Curls, 5 sets, 3 working sets, 5 reps.

Twist Yo Wrist Wrist Roller, 3 sets, 5 reps slow negative

Finger Extensions- bands, 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

I've based this routine off the sample routines in the Mastery of Hand Strength Book except the exercises are different.

John Brookfield says to train 3 days a week for grip training and as you can see i have made this a starting strength style routine.

What i think it lacks is crushing strength, and individual finger strength, i would like to focus on getting real strong fingers in this routine.

Some stuff might need to be trained due to over training as well, this is based off a beginner routine but with an emphasis on switching it up.

I have the following equipment if anyone wants to fine tune this routine.

One Wicked Wrist Roller™

Twist Yo' Wrist™

Expand-Your-Hand Bands™

15" Olympic Plate Loading Pin & Carabiner

Rolling Thunder® Revolving Deadlift Handle

Hub-Style Pinch Gripper

Blockbuster Pinch Grip Block

Apollon's Axle™

I also would really like to start using the Apollon's Axle™ so if anyone can tell me how i can incorporate that into my routine would be great.

Out of all of the items you have there probably my favorite would be the axle. Dead-lifting, rows, cleans and presses are probably the most common ways of using them. I try to use them for one pull exercise and one press exercise per week. Pressing I've heard that it helps with your alignment and puts less stress on your wrists and shoulders (bad stress that is). Used in pulling exercises it'll tax your grip a lot. Your thumb will get a good workout and for me there's a spot in the belly of my forearm flexors that just gets fried from it.

Hope this helps.

yes but my olympic bar is a cheap piece of shit, its rusty and the knurling cuts into your hand with 135lbs for finger curls, so the apollons axle would limit my range of motion.

Guest Bullitt

yes but my olympic bar is a cheap piece of shit, its rusty and the knurling cuts into your hand with 135lbs for finger curls, so the apollons axle would limit my range of motion.

Buy a good used one on Craig's List or Play it again Sports. Not much money.

Buy some sandpaper, steel wool or emery cloth if you don't want to spend much.

Not an option, can you give me a routine that can work for my needs? I have An Apollons Axle and an olympic bar its just my olympic bar sucks and its not an option to buy a new one.