Chest Crushes

Benedikt Farsmann

I tried it just a few times and did a RB160, which is not much. I got a RB365 that calibrates at 4.4 and I have been told that it's too easy for chest crushes. I'm also not a bender (not yet) but I'm curious about what grippers you guys can chest crush. We could start a list as well if you like (if anyone actually does chest crushes!?)

If I palm a little leather, I can crush my #4. Never tried my Pro or World Class but the World Class is the largest gripper that's been chest crushed. Big Steve used one as did Aaron C. I think Aaron said he got 3 reps or something but he's a super strong elite bender.

I'd say whatever works your crush out good will help. I would think most on this board could chest crush a #3.

Tim

Hm, this is a little tricky to answer, when you're crushing down a gripper you're normally crushing it a little further than you're crushing a nail, and a gripper normally is easy to start but harder the last mm:s.

But just based on my own experiences a #4 is sort of around a red cut down to 6", but the red is harder to start and easier once it starts to move. Take it will a grain of salt.

Martin Kotte has just told me that he did 50 reps on my 4.4 rated RB365 :mosher

(Martin, time to get some videos of your amazing bends done and uploaded!)

I can't even imagine crushing a WC like Aaron or Big Steve did.

Martin Kotte has just told me that he did 50 reps on my 4.4 rated RB365 :mosher

(Martin, time to get some videos of your amazing bends done and uploaded!)

I can't even imagine crushing a WC like Aaron or Big Steve did.

Its not so bad, just a gripper. If you want a strong crushdown, bending steel is much better.

- Aaron

crush stainless, best to build the crush

John is right, Stainless is a real hard crush, the Golden Bastards are a test too because they're so damned springy but stainless is good for training your bending crush. I can only imagine how brutal the crush on Gazza's Huge king of all shiny bastards was.

I've been doing some gripper chest crushes lately just as a way to change things up, I chest crushed my RB 300 a couple days ago, its right at 3" so I'm guessing it would cal pretty well but certainly easier than a #4. This was probably a max for me right now.

Like others have said it is a little different than the crushdown on steel but it's somewhat similar and I think it's pretty fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I chest crushed my single stamp #4 rated at 211 pounds just the other day. With nothing in my hands it was very painful though. If I palm a little leather I can go a little higher.

With steel you can kinda "ratchet" your way though a bend but a gripper must be crushed in on motion or it bounces back so it is a different challenge.

I'd say it can't hurt a crush workout.

Tim

Any of the Elite benders on here should be able to do double figure crushes barehanded on a 4 gripper most should be able to crush a world class never mind a 4 try 2 grippers at the same time like 2x 4s or a 4 and a 3 its fun but still doesnt replicate big steel especially stainless 303 or CRS EN64.