After Finally Getting On A Pc...

thewicked

what is the biggest DO deadlift you've ever seen? biggest i've heard of is wade's 600 if i remember right...

i just missed 565 at lockout wednesday with a video to come. I'm really hoping 585 or more goes in the spring. I'd love to do a PL meet and open with a double overhand 585 in a meet HAHA!

Hasn't Brad Gillingham pulled 800+ with a hooked DO grip in competition?

859 at the '07 IPF Worlds...

WOW

i'm going on DO without using a hook grip.. HUGE difference.

Oh, sorry about that man! You know I'm a grip guy - kind of, lol. So I understand the difference. I didn't realize you had specified you were looking for the highest non-hooked DO deadlift. Yours is one of the highest I've heard of actually, non-hooked.

What's the difference between a hooked DO and non hooked DO lift?

Hooked your fingers go over your thumb, thus "hooking" it. Makes for a much stronger grip typically but may not fare so well for your thumb.

what is the biggest DO deadlift you've ever seen? biggest i've heard of is wade's 600 if i remember right...

i just missed 565 at lockout wednesday with a video to come. I'm really hoping 585 or more goes in the spring. I'd love to do a PL meet and open with a double overhand 585 in a meet HAHA!

I've done 600x1 and 570x5 not hooked. Brad's done 881 hooked (at the Arnold last year).

Nice job - I would suggest dumbell rows on a 1 3/8" bar for high reps to improve on what you've done.

Wade