Skinny Japanese Guy Repping The #4

Benedikt Farsmann

He just may not check his responses on there. I'm sure he will want to translate it sooner or later and respond.

Rico

Unless there is a huge time spread or some other factor I am extremely skeptical of someone having that much trouble with something as easy as an Elite when they are doing 24 reps on a #3.

In my opinion, this what seems like "weird" ratio between reps and max strength at first glance is not the issue here. Easy #3 and hard Elite together with sloppy reps on the #3 plus poor technique that gets even worse when moving up to bigger grippers is a best explanation I can give after watching his videos.

The thing I'd point out is that braced closes are much easier than regular closes. I suspect he wouldn't manage a single on that choked #4 without the bracing.

He didn't answer my message. Maybe he didn't understand. His English seems to be even worse then mine. Don't know why but I guess we will never know why he struggled with the BBE.

This is easy to answer and I did.

skeptical, id lean toward saying theres something untoward going on here but 11 years training age.......anythings possible

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, no one has bothered to ask the great and mighty Sybersnott what he thinks about all of this! Shame on all of you! :angry:

If you go to Toyko, or anywhere else in Japan, you are liable to bump into a ton of "skinny Japanese guys"... they are not hard to miss, because they are all getting rejected by tons of skinny Japanese girls. But, I digress.

This guy reminds of those dudes wanting to certify on the #3 and cheating a #3 gripper closed and then saying that they closed it. Bah. I watched that #4 choked gripper close and I almost fell off my chair laughing! If you watch it closely, he assists the gripper hand and pinches the ends shut, THEN moves over to the top of the spring. At that time, his hand comes completely open then wraps around the handles again (?), while the other hand is doing something to the spring - just what exactly we don't know or can't see.

The whole video is shady IMO and a scam. If I were to give him a real #3.5 or a hard #3, I doubt he could do anything with it. :dry

The fact he didn't answer Klesen seals the deal for me. I'm calling "fraud".

Totally bogus.

I can't come anywhere near to closing even a #3 yet I can pinch close the #1 30 reps in the same way that he could barely get 10 reps. If he can close a #4, I should be able to close a #5!

Totally bogus.

I can't come anywhere near to closing even a #3 yet I can pinch close the #1 30 reps in the same way that he could barely get 10 reps. If he can close a #4, I should be able to close a #5!

Maybe not the best indicator. I can close a #3 and can't even get a #1 to parallel in that pinch style.

Totally bogus.

Maybe not the best indicator. I can close a #3 and can't even get a #1 to parallel in that pinch style.

A couple of years ago I closed a #2 in exactly the same manner and during that time I couldn't close my avrage #3.

Just tried it again and I got 1/4 away from the #2 although I can close the #3 now. I guess it all depends on what you train

• 1 month later...

Finally he answered my message on youtube. I asked him why he had so much trouble closing the BBE and he told me that it is a 3.7 rated BBE. I think he is a very humble guy and I hope to see more from him in the future.

Finally he answered my message on youtube. I asked him why he had so much trouble closing the BBE and he told me that it is a 3.7 rated BBE. I think he is a very humble guy and I hope to see more from him in the future.

A 191.50# BBE?

Sorry, no way.

EDIT: On second thought, he's not likely talking RGC ratings. That's probably his own guess based on feel. Something is not sitting well, though.

Nice for bumpin the old ass thread, lol. Well since its resurrected ill put in my two cents. Its pretty sad how the video proof is not good enough - sure it can be tampered but.. when someone posts i did this gripper for x amount of reps without video proof they are called a liar, when they do post a video then people say its a tampered gripper.... What can you do? i guess this guy who obviously worked hard, has to fly to the USA or Europe and everywhere else to every gripboard members house, and try out each grip members grippers and tools to see if hes legitimate. Its also funny how threads made against a certain gripmaster (with a crappy video for proof and the gripper missing) gets the threads locked or closed when hes called a fraud but this thread was not before. Neither him nor this guy are members here so whats da deal with that? ....interesting..

Edited by adam baghbanbashi

Thats why certification processes do exist !

A lot of guys post videos on the internet in order to share their passion for gripstrength, receive feedback and encouragements. You will not enter the Big Book of All Time Records with those videos. If you want recognition, then your feats have to be judged. A posted video on the internet is not enough. There will always be someone to doubt and thats understandable. We should not make offense to this guy (skinny, come on guys !!) and simply take his video for what it is : just a video !!

Edited by Joefrey

I didn't mean to offense him be calling him a skinny guy at all. Actually I am very impressed he is so thin and also so strong. Sorry about that!

His English isn't very well so he used an online translator and translated his message from Japanese to German and I only understood around 50% of what he wanted to tell me. I asked him four questions and he answered them all:

1. Are there grip competitions in Japan? If so: Did you attend one?

2. About that BBE close (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AkBpSFxY0): It seems like you had trouble. What was wrong?

3. What does "JGR" mean?

4. Have you heard of the GripBoard.com?

He answered:

1. There are no competitions in Japan but he'd love to attend one.

2. It is a hard BBE, rated 3.7 on the CoC-Scale. It is a tad easier than his RB330.

3. As far as I understand: "Japan Grip Record". It is a Japanese certification programme for bending and grippers. He has been certified eight times so far:

left hand: RB300, RB260, COC#3

right hand: RB330, RB300, COC#3, COC#3.5, BBE

here's a link: (translated by google) Japan Grip Record

4. He has heard of the board years ago but he doesn't speak English so it is of no use for him. He said that he doesn't think he is special in any kind but he would be very proud if people talked about his (upcoming) feats on the board, because he's trying to break at least 2 of 3 Japanese grip records.

About the BBE: In my opinion a 3.7 rated BBE is a beast gripper, a real mutant. I haven't heard of such a strong BBE so far but after watching him toying with a choked #4 I don't doubt him. Also he is certified by judges (I strongly believe they also have judges for the JGR). More than 10years of hard grip training seem to pay off.

Based on some anime I've watched, I think yuusuke is one name. :)

Leave it to the nerds to right the misconceptions of the world, haha. I love being a nerd. :online :online