Shortest Time To Close The #3

mightyjoe

I'm curious as to what is the shortest amount of time it has taken

an individual to conquer (close) the #3 gripper. I'm not talking about hit and

miss type training over the years either. I'm talking about you set out a plan to shut the #3

and you stayed with that plan until you shut it. I'm not interested in your plan at the moment,

just the amount of time it took to accomplish this goal.

From the time you started to train for the #3 till you closed it.

3 months?

6 months?

1 year?

Thanks for any input.

It took me about 10 months.

My friend make shortest time that I know. He closed my #3.5 (3,47) just 2 months training with grippers.

I don´t remember how fast the #3 was closed, few weeks, I think.

It took me about 10 months.

My friend make shortest time that I know. He closed my #3.5 (3,47) just 2 months training with grippers.

I don´t remember how fast the #3 was closed, few weeks, I think.

I think dave morton closed the #3 in under a week

I was thinking Dave Morton too but I was thinking ~1 month. I could believe a week though, guy was just unbelievable on grippers; probably still is.

In my opinion, if you closed the #3 within a week, or even within a couple of weeks, then you had the strength to do it on the first try. It was just a matter of getting coordinated or learning how to place the gripper, etc. Maybe that is "training?"

It took me about 2 years of focused gripper training to close an average #3.

In my opinion, if you closed the #3 within a week, or even within a couple of weeks, then you had the strength to do it on the first try. It was just a matter of getting coordinated or learning how to place the gripper, etc. Maybe that is "training?"

I read it on a cyberpump ad yer he said he shut it just shy of a week,I think thats bloody amazing i cant even touch the flaming handles

I read it on a cyberpump ad yer he said he shut it just shy of a week,I think thats bloody amazing i cant even touch the flaming handles

I think anyone who has closed a #3 has really put in a lot of focus and determination because this things driving me insane lol

Ted Wynn (TNSTed) closed the #3 first time he touch it ..

took me 4 years

Played with grippers for about 1 year but it took about 9 weeks of focused grip work to close the 3.

Guest Bullitt

2 months for me. Another 2 months to close Goody's super hard, super wide, double stamped #3. So about 4 months where I could close any #3. TNS Ted is a mutant. Morton too.

Almost 2 years I think, but I really never had a plan set out

Rico

I trained on a #2 for about 9 months or so then closed my #3 the first time i touched it.

I closed a #3 the first time I touched one, but I had already been training and closed a harder gripper before that. So I'm guessing maybe about 4-5 months.

Got about 10 reps on the #1 the first time i tried a "real" gripper. Closed the #3 after 6 months of training. Now, about 8 months after closing the #3, I still can't close the damn #3.5!

Edited by SenseOfTouch

took me about 18 months!

anyone closing a 3 in under 6 months almost certainly had some training with applicability to extreme grip anyway id say. Like tex henderson closed a 3 with "no training" but the guy was doing barbell hangs with like 500kgs! same with ronnie coleman, 800lbs deadlift - nuff said.

Did a semi-CCS close with an easy #3 after 3 weeks of dicking around with grippers. Aaron C. was the witness.

-Rex

Ted Wynn (TNSTed) closed the #3 first time he touch it ..

took me 4 years

Thats sick thats on some H.K.C.

16 years.

I guess you were handed a gripper in the birth room, eh?

I started working grippers at age 44. Age 50 was when I thought I had a chance at doing it. I did not believe it possbile for me until then. It then took a little under 3 years of more intense work before I did it.