How Much Extensor Work?

WPGGuy

Hi Everyone. New member here and I just had a quick question. I understand the need for extensor work, and I've been using rubber bands to work work them, but I was wondering how everyone quantifies how much they're working them. I bought a bag of 3-1/2" x 1/4" bands from an office supply store, and I've been using multiple bands at a time, but how does one know how strong their extensors should be relative to crush strength? Has anyone tried something like the IronMind Outer Limits Loops? Would be interested in hearing any thoughts about the topic. Thanks.

Welcome to the board!

I've read about how important extensor work is and therefore I have been training them from the very beginning with Ironmind's Expand-Your-Hand Bands. That's why I can't tell you what problems you could have if you don't train them ;) Rubber bands are good as well but I don't think you have to focus much on strength. You simply can't do anything amazing with strong extensors so I guess some neglect training them at all. I always do high reps (15 reps) with them using only one hand. Others use both hands. There's a video of Richard Sorin where he explains how to do it with 2 hands (don't have a link, sry). I also got a pair of outer-limit-loops but they aren't very usefull because they mostly hit the thumb extensors and the fingers are just holding them in position. Won't buy them again.