Shooting Pain

WPGGuy

Hey Everyone. I'm a new member here and just getting into gripper training. I've already posted my intro in the new members sticky. I've had my CoC trainer and No.1 for a couple of weeks now, but just recently I've been getting this shooting pain in the left hand ring finger around the middle knuckle when I'm using a gripper. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it feels like a tendon isn't sitting right and its getting pulled the wrong way.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it just that I'm setting incorrectly? Will this problem go away as my hands get stronger?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Guest Bullitt

You may just have an inflamed tendon. Happens to most from time to time, especially when you're new to this kind of training. Rest and ice(or contrast baths) are your best bets. If it doesn't get any better, a lot of guys, including myself, have had good results with Cissus. Also make sure you are doing extensor work with rubber bands so you don't get any imballances. Good luck bro!

Make sure you warmup properly before working the grippers hard. If you're still having pain then before you work grippers run your hand under hot water for a few minutes then dry well and chalk up and you should have no pain.

I've got a bag of thick rubber bands that I've been working my extensors with and I've got a 'heavy tension' Grip Master which has 9 lb per finger to warm up. I think I'll take a full week off from the grippers and maybe ice bath both hands a couple of times to see if it helps. Its going to be hard to do however since I'm expecting my 1.5 and 2 to come in this week and since I've closed the No. 1 already I'll want to see if I can get the new ones closed.

Well I just got the No. 1.5 and 2 in and I can close the 1.5 with both hands and I'm only a few mm away from closing the No. 2 with both. If all goes well I can hopefully avoid getting an injury and still get the 2 closed by the end of the year.