Horse Shoe Bending Progress

MitchSA

You're getting stronger, Mitch! Congrats!

I stumbled onto my best technique by taking a shoe like that and hitting it two or three times a week until it was completed, all the while making little mental notes on what did and did not work for me. That's always been my best teacher.

You've got a super strong kink!

I always found that for the crushdown, perserverance paid off more than speed or strength. Just keep hammering away and you'll be hearting those things soon enough!

Nice job! Is there a video of Eric hearting the #4?

Horseshoe bending looks like fun. I got a couple there that came with my FBBC benders bag, maybe I should give them a shot.

Your kink strength is awsome! You took it to 90 degrees in like 3 seconds. Work on that crushdown and you'll be dangerous

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen!

Eric, Zach and David

Thank you all for your advise and motivation, coming from shoe benders like yourselves it is really motivating.

About my kink: since Ive found my most comfortable stance for my body type Ive been feeling really powerfull in this movement, I feel that cranking my RH hard and fast really opens up the shoe.

Now about the crush down: I won't lie to you, Its very painfull at the moment, maybe it will take time to condition my thigh to this but I also don't feel like im driving all my force into the apex of the shoe, after watching my video I see there is a lot of wasted force direction.

Having said that, Eric is a tougher stronger hombre than I so he made it look easy but this shoe is not THAT easy I promise :whacked

I feel I am able to open up tougher shoes but im NOT ready to fight a DS#5 to 180 anytime soon.

BUT i won't give up so I will kill them oneday..

Its a funny thing, ive been doing a few "mini" strength demo's and shows at local markets and fairs and when I bend shoes even just to 120 degs people are more amazed by this feat than any other! shoes seem to be a great crowd feat. Where as there are things im better at that normal folk don't understand ie levering hammers or BUP a heavy KB JMHO though..

Thank you for watching!

Edited by MitchSA

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen!

Eric, Zach and David

Thank you all for your advise and motivation, coming from shoe benders like yourselves it is really motivating.

About my kink: since Ive found my most comfortable stance for my body type Ive been feeling really powerfull in this movement, I feel that cranking my RH hard and fast really opens up the shoe.

Now about the crush down: I won't lie to you, Its very painfull at the moment, maybe it will take time to condition my thigh to this but I also don't feel like im driving all my force into the apex of the shoe, after watching my video I see there is a lot of wasted force direction.

Having said that, Eric is a tougher stronger hombre than I so he made it look easy but this shoe is not THAT easy I promise :whacked

I feel I am able to open up tougher shoes but im NOT ready to fight a DS#5 to 180 anytime soon.

BUT i won't give up so I will kill them oneday..

Its a funny thing, ive been doing a few "mini" strength demo's and shows at local markets and fairs and when I bend shoes even just to 120 degs people are more amazed by this feat than any other! shoes seem to be a great crowd feat. Where as there are things im better at that normal folk don't understand ie levering hammers or BUP a heavy KB JMHO though..

Thank you for watching!

Well horseshoes have a better apeal to the general public. They can understand that it is hard. If you do a bottom up press with a 40kg kettlebell, most people will just see it as a 40 kg sholder press and be moderatly impressed.

One ting about the pain is that most of it will go away, but never completly. You will always find that shoes that are to hard for you will also be very painfull. A good thing though is that you will get tougher. I find that shoes that was very painful and might have even hurt me before, don't even make me blink today.

Nice job! I need to get better at the shoes.

Tim