The Home Center One Dollar Gripper Challenge

OldGuy

Some of you may have discovered ( I know Wannagrip has ) that 2'' spring clamps such as the one shown in the pic are good for thumb training. My challenge is to shut it fully using your thumb and index finger. You can get one for a dollar at places like Home Depot.

A68848_3.JPG

This idea is credited to Da Crush Monster. Heath Sexton. It's a great cheap alternative to work your thumbs.

I found two brands of that "gripper". There's a black and a bright Orange. I guess the Black would be the Trainer, and the Orange would be a #1.

Also, the smaller version of the clamp seems just as challenging a thumb workout.

I purchased the clamp shown in the photo above at Home Depot today. Last night I ordered IM #4 as well as filed the corner off my #2, as I prepare to start the KTA program. With both thumbs I can close the spring clamp, and would be most impressed by someone closing it with 1 thumb.

I had tried one of those spring clamps as a substitution for a gripper and didn't like it...but the thumb training sounds like it would be excellent with this tool and it's easily on/in hand to boot!!!!

Jon@han