Horseshoe Bending Help

Csmith724

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has any instructional videos or articles on horseshoe bending. I've seen lots of videos, but never anything that actually teaches technique. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it a lot!

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has any instructional videos or articles on horseshoe bending. I've seen lots of videos, but never anything that actually teaches technique. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it a lot!

I should have time this Thursday and would be more than happy to post an instructional video for you on youtube. If the video is not up by Thursday(11/5/2009), PM me and I'll get it out to you

Im also quite new to bending horseshoes and I did some "research" about the techniques too. Watch videos from David, naturalstrength, MalachiMcMullen as I think they have great techniques and are all very good horseshoe benders. Try to see what style that suits you and your strengths as everyone is different.

I found this discussion very helpful too:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=26603

Just wondering if anyone else has any instructional horseshoe bending videos. I don't want to let this thread fall away. I did give the light horseshoe I have from the FBBC Beginner's Bag a try and was able to get it a little more than halfway, but can't budge it further than that, which I'm pretty sure is probably a result of improper form and zero practice. Any advice right now is good advice. Thanks.

Here's an instructional video Tim I made a while ago. He uses a weird kinking technique, but it works for him. He has some good points in there

I haven't forgotten about that video. I will pm it to you soon! Sorry about the delayblush.gif

p.s. At this rate, you will probably be bending draught horseshoes by the time I send you this instructional videoblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif