At What Point Should Ripping Be Incorporated In Your Training Program?

KBI

Is this advanced training.? I just ripped a 180 page magazine in two pieces.. Great burn and intensity. My question. Is this considered advanced training? Should I build up a better base before doing ripping exercises? I just benen doing this for 5 weeks. And I bought a HG250 gripper for lower reps and been resting more.. So, I do listen to you guys.

Is this advanced training.? I just ripped a 180 page magazine in two pieces.. Great burn and intensity. My question. Is this considered advanced training? Should I build up a better base before doing ripping exercises? I just benen doing this for 5 weeks. And I bought a HG250 gripper for lower reps and been resting more.. So, I do listen to you guys.

ASAP!! The only caveat is, make sure you progress gradually in your ripping of phonebooks, magazines, etc. Just be careful because ripping/bending takes a BIG negative toll on the rest of grip training unfortunately!

There you go again, couldn't you have found one really thick page and ripped it for a hard single? Instead you did 180 tiny "reps"

Oh and of course you can start ripping whenever. Phone books feel a little better than magazines but you got to go with what you have. Folded up newspaper is a pretty inexpensive option as well.

Guest Bullitt

Yea, small phonebooks work great to practice on. Then you can slowly work your way up to the big thick ones. Just be careful, they are like crack. Once you rip your first phonebook, you will be addicted - scouring dark alleys, office lobbies, and apartment complexes for more phone books to tear. After awhile your friends won't let you come over because their phonebooks always disapear. Pretty soon, without even knowing it, you will be looking to sell your car to buy more books. Once that money is gone, you are looking at rehab or prison. So just be careful! :laugh

Oh and of course you can start ripping whenever. Phone books feel a little better than magazines but you got to go with what you have. Folded up newspaper is a pretty inexpensive option as well.

Phone book? Like the yellow pages.. Thats not where I'm at now. I need to slowly progress. I will practice with old magazines that I have.

ASAP!! The only caveat is, make sure you progress gradually in your ripping of phonebooks, magazines, etc. Just be careful because ripping/bending takes a BIG negative toll on the rest of grip training unfortunately!

You bend nails. The video looks like one big work out session that will tax your reserves dry.

Phone book? Like the yellow pages.. Thats not where I'm at now. I need to slowly progress. I will practice with old magazines that I have.

It's still good to get phone books if you can. Let's say you find a 400 page book. You can split it through the binding so you have two 200 page books. Still too hard? Split those into 100 pages each. Now you've turned one monster phone book into four training books!

Phone books aren't as hard as you think. There are several techniques to rip them. I only consider a true grip and rip a legit tear. Some people "pop" them, but that is more technique, than a feat of strength. I've seen a guy tear through two huge phonebooks stacked using the pop technique. He's probably on here...o_O

a good demonstration of a grip and rip. It still kind of looks like there might have been a tiny pop, though. There's plenty of info on how to pop if you google it. More on a party trick, if you ask be. I started ripping novels back in the day when I worked at a retail store. They would throw out old books, so I put them to use;)

I'd go get some decks of cards, too. I started ripping them real early on. Dollar store will work. They aren't plastic coated, so they are a little harder to tear.