Zloty Predictions; John Vs. Arsen

darthsith19

Zloty Predictions  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 95 kg class right handed?

• John Brzenk
    • Arsen Liliev
    • Other (please post and say who)
  2. 2. Who will win the 95+kg class right handed?

• Andrey Pushkar
    • Denis Cyplenkov
    • Other (please say who)
  3. 3. Overall Winner (right)?

• John - 4 years in a row!!!
    • Arsen Liliev
    • Andrey Pushkar
    • Denis Cyplenkov
    • Other (please say who)

Well John and Arsen are both supposed to be at Zloty next week in the 209 lbs. weight class (95 kg). Also heard Denis and Andrey will both be there in the supers. Can anybody beat Rustam in the 189 lbs. class (86kg)?

I cannot guarantee that any of these guys are going but I heard they all were.

The latest competitor list can be found here (though it's not final, John Brzenk isn't on the list and I am positive that he is going): http://www.zlotytur.com/?page=news&no=28

Kote Razmadze says that Dima Kotchiev is going? http://www.zlotytur.com/?page=news&no=25

Edited by Josh H

Well, if john comes 100%, he will sweep this, but I don't think he will come 100%, sadly. I don't know where Arsen is at, nobody does, I think. Yeah, he is a beast, and I want him to be the next best, but I really don't think he has proven himself. And I think that Zloty will be the place where he can do that. I am really curious to see what this guy can do. I don't really count the travis match. Travis isn't very consistent, and he doesn't have much heart. Maybe Arsen got to him, who knows. I don't have arm TV, so I'm sure there's answers to some of these things that I wonder about.

Edited by Puller

I think that John will be well prepared for this one. He will do it again, I think (and I hope :D ).

John all the way!

No ONE will beat Rustam!

I wish rustam would compete in the overalls for once....

Is that list even accurate? It says Devon will be there.

My predictions:

95 kg

Arsen

95+ kg

Devon

Overall

Arsen

If Devon's not going to be there, maybe Andre in 95+ kg? Could be Dennis too - not sure on that one.

John Milne says Devon is not going... can't say for sure but. Keep in mind that on the left site of their website it lists expected competitors, it doesn't say they are for sure going.

If I had to guess I'd say John wins the 95kg over Arsen. John looked amazing at the ROTN, playing with Ron Bath and beating Travis just as easily as Arsen did. I think he can beat Arsen if he gets him in a hook.

Supers... Denis, Andrey hmm... depends on how much Andrey has improved over the last 2 years but I'll say Andrey.

Overall... depends on the draw and how tired everybody is from their class, I'll go with John.

I read that Rustam IS going to compete in the overall this year and thinks he can get top 3 left handed. Roman also wants to compete in the overall but they usually only let competitors in the 189 class and up compete in the overall (which is retarded imho). I want to see Roman pull some of the heavier guys since he was putting down Ron Bath and RVJ after the ROTN (in a hook and they were a lot more worn out than he was) but I want to see how good he really is compared to some of the middle/heavyweights!

John is going. He heard that Arsen might not go.

If Rustam is in overall. Look out. He has been toprolling and can potentially win the overall IMO.

I agree Bob! Rustam is SUPERHUMAN like Roman Tsindeliani.

If I had to guess I'd say John wins the 95kg over Arsen. John looked amazing at the ROTN, playing with Ron Bath and beating Travis just as easily as Arsen did. I think he can beat Arsen if he gets him in a hook.

I just saw the footage - John vs Arsen should be interesting. John is a monster now, seeing how he handled Ron. Strong enough to beat Devon and Arsen? Maybe ...

If John can stop Arsen's toproll, John all the way. I still predict Arsen but we shall see.

John is going. He heard that Arsen might not go.

If Rustam is in overall. Look out. He has been toprolling and can potentially win the overall IMO.

Whoa... you think he can beat John? I guess maybe if Rustam has a cakewalk in the 86kg and John/Pushkar/Denis have some hard matches in their classes. Do you think that Rustam is for sure top 10 overall in the World?

I like underdogs, so even though I vote for John Brzenk to win the 95kg class, I'm saying Sharon Remez will do some damage in that class, look out for him!

Its hard to say about Rustam. We all know how good he is in the hook. But can he stop the larger hands in the heavier classes from TR him. And if he can not stop them from TR. Can he switch to a TR himself. HOW STRONG IS HIS TR? This is the open question.

I would not Predict him to win the overall but I would not be completely blown away if he could. Brackets and styles make for interesting endings.

Its hard to say about Rustam. We all know how good he is in the hook. But can he stop the larger hands in the heavier classes from TR him. And if he can not stop them from TR. Can he switch to a TR himself. HOW STRONG IS HIS TR? This is the open question.

I would not Predict him to win the overall but I would not be completely blown away if he could. Brackets and styles make for interesting endings.

IMHO... Rustam's TopRoll is not so strong as his hook... He usually beats Pascal Girard in a hook incredibly fast to prevent the Pascal's TR.

If there will be present AW'er like Devon or John or even Arsen... I think Rustam is not strong enough to win the overall class.

From this TEMPORARY starting list i see many BIG absences (even John is not present as Arsen or Devon or Denis) i know that he will be there but take a look to the classes...

I think many of them will be there only for the OPEN class, and that could false a lot the Rustam or Roman performances.

IMHO seen all the possible contenders... is the best edition of the Zloty ever seen.

Good Luck to ALL!! :bow

USA! USA! USA! Gotta go with John! Hey Bob, didn't see you at Cal Neva? Are you still training for worlds?