Horseshoe Bend For The Texas Twisters

David_wigren

I've reacently started bending horseshoes again and I've pretty much regained all the strength I had from when I left off.

Kerckhaert SSP #3 (22mmx8mm)easy stuff

Made a good attempt on a kerckhaert SN #3 front clipped (25mmx8mm) wich is pretty much a bad ass shoe. Ran out of time and couldn't finish it. It'll go down next time though

Used a grenade pin to run the wraps through. Might not sit well with the rules, but it was what I had

Thank you

David, the Kerckhaert SSP #3 is not one of the shoes already ranked for the list. I don't recall ever bending one myself. Are you certain of where it would rank relative to the other shoes on the "Tornado" list? If not, and we decide it may bridge a gap somewhere, then I would certainly add it to the list.

By the way, I have bent a Kerckhaert S #3...

I just watched the videos. You made child's play of the first one! And that last bend is obviously a BEAST! That's a heartbreak to come that close.

David, have you bent the S #3? I'm curious how it compares to the two you did.

You made that seem way too easy :bow That shoe is a monster and you bent it like I bend a St Croix Ultralight :ohmy

Maybe Eric could add the Kerckhaert's as a seperate list. Doesn't Carl bend those also?

Edited by Mike K

Thank you guys

I just watched the videos. You made child's play of the first one! And that last bend is obviously a BEAST! That's a heartbreak to come that close.

David, have you bent the S #3? I'm curious how it compares to the two you did.

Havn't bent a kerckhaert standard #3 but as I understand the specs of it is 20x8. So the SSP#3 22x8 is probably harder given that it has 10% more steel in it. But I don't know for sure. The only thing I know for sure is that it is harder than the st. croix lite rim #3, since that's the only shoe I've tried that's on the list

I think the SSP shoes are hard. You don't make them look hard :tongue , but they are. Nice bending!!

Edited by nickr104

You made that seem way too easy :bow That shoe is a monster and you bent it like I bend a St Croix Ultralight :ohmy

Maybe Eric could add the Kerckhaert's as a seperate list. Doesn't Carl bend those also?

I'd like to be able to just incorporate some these shoes into the existing list. I'm going to get some and conduct a scientific study. :happy I really want David to get credit for these crazy bends of his. :rock

I'd like to be able to just incorporate some these shoes into the existing list. I'm going to get some and conduct a scientific study. :happy I really want David to get credit for these crazy bends of his. :rock

I I was thinking the same thing Eric. That shoe is much harder then the SC lite rim shoe I ddid. For me the SSP sheos are hard because the leg are short aand round out more. You lose a lot of leverage on them.

I'll gladly help you in that scientific study.

I think this new hoeseshoe list is awsome. But I've had a hard time finding the right shoes that's currently on the lists. The price for shipping that some of theese companies are asking for is a bit too much. So I just went for the shoes that I have and can acuire easily and hoped for the best.

Eric is obviously serious about this list and kind enough to fix and help to make everything fit so this will be a competitive list for all. Thank you Eric