Coc Equivalent/what Is The Resistance?

ThexDragonfly

So a while back I bought these from Dick Sporting Goods: http://www.amazon.com/Valeo-HGR-Hand-Grips/dp/B000I1GPDW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1256930184&sr=8-7

They seem to be about my level of grip strength but the design make them next to impossible to "close" because your fingers get in the way so I need to make the switch to CoC. The Valeo grippers aren't on the Dick's website and the description does not list their resistance. Can somebody please tell me roughly what the weight resistance is for these and what the CoC equivalent would be? Also, when you buy a CoC gripper for $19.95... Does that come with one gripper or two?

Thanks.

- Deven

The plastic handle grippers like this one are usually near the strength of a Captain of crush guide. If you are trying to get stronger at your grip strength you might need to order more than one gripper, I would suggest the guide and trainer for now.

You get one gripper for the price $19.95. The gripper superstore has a package on sale at the moment. It is a beginners package which has the guide, sport and trainer for $56.95. So your saving a little on it. It's worth looking into if your currently around the guide level.

I have this same gripper, and I do not it AT ALL. I suggest you get rid of it. It is harder than a regular gripper, but it can be shut. Here's a vid of me shutting it with my thumb. I don't think I got it to touch, though, but I did touch the other gripper in the vid. It is a pain to have them touch, you are right about that. :tonguehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKWtNt94ILM

EDIT: Ugh, for some reason it save in wide screen, and cut off the top and bottom. I'll try and fix it, not that it's a super important vid.

Edited by Puller

The plastic handle grippers like this one are usually near the strength of a Captain of crush guide. If you are trying to get stronger at your grip strength you might need to order more than one gripper, I would suggest the guide and trainer for now.

Okay thank you very much!

Quick question though, is there a particular reason you skipped the Sport one?

because $60 is a much larger investment than the $20 that you mentioned, so to hit a middle ground I suggested a $40 expense with two grippers, and I think that if you can close the guide for ten or twelve reps then you can probably close the trainer or at least start working towards closing it by doing negatives.

Also your current strength is something to consider, if the store gripper is as tough as a sport and hard to close only because it is awkward you may find that if you are a person who works out you may be able to close the number one within a couple of weeks of working out with the trainer. It only took me about two weeks to close a number one.

Edited by Jsmiley

Just get two. If you can't close one, do negatives. You'll get it. I only have a #2. I gave my #1 to my friend, because I'm a nice guy;) I'll be getting the #3 soon, and I'll be doing negatives on that until I close it, just like I did with the #2. :rock

What exactly is a negative?