Best Place On The Internet For Chalk

Jeff Parker

Where is the best place on the internet to get some chalk from? I used to buy locally from an REI, but all of their new stuff actually made things slicker than just dry hands and I just used the last of my old stuff from them. Any suggestions would be helpfull!

Where is the best place on the internet to get some chalk from? I used to buy locally from an REI, but all of their new stuff actually made things slicker than just dry hands and I just used the last of my old stuff from them. Any suggestions would be helpfull!

Jackals Gym

Jackals Gym

Wade, would I be able to order a gripper from your gripper superstore and have you add on the chalk?

Jackals Gym

Wade, would I be able to order a gripper from your gripper superstore and have you add on the chalk?

No, sorry, they ship out of different locations. I have been kicking around the idea of adding chalk to the Gripper Superstore.

I'd like to add that I have never had a bad experience with Jackal's. I've never actually heard of a bad experience with them to be honest.

I'd like to add that I have never had a bad experience with Jackal's. I've never actually heard of a bad experience with them to be honest.

Except for when they send letter-bombs. But that's rare.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to buy locally from an REI, but all of their new stuff actually made things slicker than just dry hands

I felt that too. I just thought it was me. i was bought some and started to train with it at the gym and it felt even worst than my normal grip.

i havent used it yet for indoor climbing (intended use now).. but i usually boulder without powder.

Metolius Super Chalk has a drying agent in it as well - seems a bit better on the hot summer days or if you sweat quite a lot - it's all I use for climbing. No big deal for most people in normal temperatures in a gym but it is a very good chalk. Their Eco Ball is a chalk alternative that's nice if you sweat a lot too. Their Chalk Sock does help keep the mess down. And as you guys have found out - all chalk is not created equal - some is slicker. I am surprised REI has that though.

Metolius Super Chalk has a drying agent in it as well - seems a bit better on the hot summer days or if you sweat quite a lot - it's all I use for climbing. No big deal for most people in normal temperatures in a gym but it is a very good chalk. Their Eco Ball is a chalk alternative that's nice if you sweat a lot too. Their Chalk Sock does help keep the mess down. And as you guys have found out - all chalk is not created equal - some is slicker. I am surprised REI has that though.

Good lesson learned.

I use stickum for all my grip feats. It has really helped my 2HP and axle DLs. Would probably help with the rock climbing too.

nfl_i_hayes_300.jpg

:laugh;)

I'll have to give that a try Mike! I've got a tin of pine tar in the closet.biggrin.gif

I would suggest Super Gluing your hands to them!

Guest Bullitt

Only for a PR! If you are forced to carry your 2HP around all day, you might as well make it impressive! :mosher

Gorilla glue might hold a pr better!! Screw it.... Why not some chalk, gorilla glue and some stickum? Gotta make sure you don't lose your grip!! :rock