What Muscles Are Specific To Grip?

Grippster

I've been looking through diagrams lately and I honestly can't tell which muscles I'm using for grip work. I think a lot of us flex other muscles involuntarily during hard closes so it can be difficult to isolate the specific muscle groups that allow you to close a gripper. Anyone know?

If you flex other muscles as well then don't they all help? I guess the easiest way to find out is to just look at the muscles that are responsible for that motion. For a gripper, try closing your hands in the same motion (without a gripper) and seeing what those muscles are that are working.

This is one of the best books I have in my library.

http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Training-Anatomy-Frederic-Delavier/dp/0736063684/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256515227&sr=8-5#noop

I customize workout programs with this book to hit specific muscles. Open up the link and search through some of the pages on Amazon. You will see what I am talking about. It is a worth every penny....$11.47.