A New Coc???

Guest O1d Dude

Guest O1d Dude

[image removed - OD]

A Highland Games buddy who does not train grip with the COCs has successfully closed the #3 in front of witnesses and on film.

These photos were snapped by and furnished to me in digital format by a Scottish American Athletic Association certified judge. The original photos have been sent to Ironmind for certification.

The COC candidate is Josh Grace from Napa, California.

[image removed - OD]

Edited by O1d Dude

Normally, Randy Strossen states not to post photos on the net until it comes out in MILO. Maybe he doesn't care anymore?

Congrats to Josh!

Nice job!! :D Tell him congrats from all of us on the GripBoard! :)

Just curious, but doesn't Ironmind have to approve the witness(es)? Or has this already happened?

Great job nonetheless!

BC.

Guest O1d Dude

I'm unaware of any advisory aggainst posting closure photos but will remove the pictures as soon as I get home...don't want to foul up the certification process for Josh.

Josh is approximately 6-4 give or take an inch and appears to weigh a lean 240....I'm not that great a judge of weight...and is deceptively strong.

The witness is a certified Highland Games judge. Most of the local Northern California Highland Games/strength community is on a first name basis with Randy Strossen as he attends most of the big events for Milo coverage. Even though Randy knows the judge it still maybe necessary to have the closure repeated in front of an official witness before certification is issued. That's why this post is titled "A New COC?"

I can definitely understand why Strossen would say to hold the photos from his/Milo's point of view, but I do wonder if it would really matter that much. Surely you should be able to do pretty much what you like with photos of yourself - especially as it's unlikey you're going to parlay a shot of your grinning mug clamping a #3 into a Nike contract anytime soon.....