Your Number One Grip Goal For 2003

OldGuy

What is your number one prority for the new year?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your number one prority for the new year?

• Close the Ironmind #2
    • Close the Ironmind #3
    • Close the Ironmind #4
    • Deadlift an Inch replica or loadable
    • Pinchgrip 2 x 35 Olympic plates
    • Pinchgrip 2 x 45 Olympic plates
    • Bend a 60 D nail
    • Bend Ironmind's toughest nail
    • Plate curl a 45
    • Set a new PR in all of your grip feats

There is no doubt I WILL CLOSE the #4!!!! :yikes But I want to improve in every area & I WILL!!!!!

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER" Tommy.....

It's interesting that Tou has chosen the 45 lb plate curl. Like me he realizes what a stupendous feat that is. I will most likely be training on that later in the year having found out that without practise I could hoist a 35 so seem to have some talent for it.

My goal is to close #3 by the the next Arnold Classic. I know that its beyond 2003 but who gives a damn... It's only a few months off

Close the #3 on demand, without psyching, without holding the spring... without all the asterisks! :angry:

Without any question: Close my BBE. ;)

This gripper is SO tough, it reminds me of my training to close my IM #3. Yes, this is the chromed plated springs kind BBE. One tough mother!! :angry:

I voted to set a new PR in all my grip feats. Since I'm new to specialized grip training I first have to figure out what grip feats I'm going to work on. Should be pretty easy to set PRs in them ;). Seriously though, my goal is to improve my overall strength. Until I started training it intensely, my grip was underdeveloped and was threatening to hold me back in my other training (deadlifts and chinups in particular). For me closing a particular number IM gripper and pinch holding plates of a certain weight are milestones on the road to overall strength. Whatever happens in 2003 by the end of it I will be stronger and tougher than I was at the beginning of it.

The #3 is my definitive goal for the year. I have goals for other feats, but nothing else will define success or failure to the degree of "CoC".

Alan

Difficult to decide between closing the #3 and bending the Ironmind Blue nail. Voted for the #3 though (maybe because it will probably be much harder for me).

A 45lb plate curl is crazy. People who can do that scare me.......

Platecurl a 20 kg old Eleikoplate on preacher bench in strict style.

I voted for the 2x45lb pinch as this is the goal I'm most likely to hit this year. The 45lb plate curl -while I've made good gains could take longer to do adequately same with the grippers and I haven't started training on a Inch equivalent

Jon@han

My two grip goals for the year are to close the #3 and to pinch a pair of 35's.

I got a RT over the holiday and will start playing with it. But don't have a specific goal in mind as of yet. I recall reading that 150-180lbs was a good lift. So when I do set my sites for this one, it will most likely be in that range.

Best wishes to all you goal setters!

240# Rolling Thunder

Lift the INCH replica OR Josh's 2 3/8 Solid 180

57.5lbs Big Block from IM

Leverage back a 16lb sledge Hammer-in front

Finger Roll/Curl a 140lb DB for 6 reps?

Hold Back 10 plates on the Hammer Strength Gripper for 5 seconds.

Wrist Roll 275lbs to the top

Partial Deadlift(with straps :cry )815 from EXACTLY 18 inches.

Do 10-12 "not too ugly"reps on one arm dumbell rows with 187.5lb dumbells.

IF/When can do the above then start training Grippers and perhaps will start 'really' training strongman events....IF not?

start all over again in 2004.............

I am definitely getting closer to my goal of plate curling a 45 pounder. I'm closer than I expected to be at this time. I also own a digital camera, so when I accomplish this, there will be a picture accompanying the feat.