A Different Kind Of Plate Curl

supersqueeze

I ran across some Ivanko EZ Grip plates for the first time last week. If you haven't seen them they look sort of like wagon wheels with slots around the rim for ease of lifting and carrying. Go to the Ivanko site if you are interested in a picture. Anyway what I did was pick them up like suitcases and hammer curl them. Similar to pinching a plate and hammer curling it, only without the pinching. It is a good movement for the top of the wrist and curling a 45 in this manner would be very difficult (at least for the mortals).

Mike M.

Edited by supersqueeze

Farm and Fleet carries a brand of weight plate very similar to this. I noticed them when I stopped into a Fand F in Wisconsin last month. I think that they carried up to a 50 lb. plate. Great for other types of lifts, too. A laterial lift for the shoulders as well as a lift with the arm extended out in front of the body.

Walmart carries hex olympic plates with slots. They are made by Marcy and about as cheap as you can by new plates. I imagine that quite a few innovative exercises could be done with such plates.

I have the walmart ones. I really like the movement, and I have done it off and on for sometime. The 45 is WAY beyond me right now. I have been adding weight to the 25. Unfortunately, walmart doesn't carry, at least around here, a 35.