Whats A Good Arm Wrestling Work Out?

leatz1jd

Hi I am not an arm wrestler but I am a minor grip enthusiasist trying to spend more time developing my grip and forearm strength. I know that arm wrestlers have the strongest wrists and and biceps and was just wondering sort of things people were doing to get these muscles strongers. I currently to do pyramids on the wrist curls on my training days off. Usually I do the different sides of my wrist on different days and rarely do them together. I like to mess around with leveraging and the powerball, nit just want some advice.

Edited by bootybob

Hi I am not an arm wrestler but I am a minor grip enthusiasist trying to spend more time developing my grip and forearm strength. I know that arm wrestlers have the strongest wrists and and biceps and was just wondering sort of things people were doing to get these muscles strongers. I currently to do pyramids on the wrist curls on my training days off. Usually I do the different sides of my wrist on different days and rarely do them together. I like to mess around with leveraging and the powerball, nit just want some advice.

Search this site, before you post. You know all this information is on here, so don't be lazy.

Short answer, hammer curls, thick bar (handle) lifts and hangs, sub a towel on any lift you can.

Shorter answer, armwrestle.

Search this site, before you post. You know all this information is on here, so don't be lazy.

I don't think he's being lazy - not everyone has the time to go through dozens of threads.

Short answer - Thick Bar V-Bar Pull-Ups

Thick Bar Hammer Curls/Holds

Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls with arm in arm wrestling position

Alternative this with training with a local group of pullers

I don't think he's being lazy - not everyone has the time to go through dozens of threads.

Short answer - Thick Bar V-Bar Pull-Ups

Thick Bar Hammer Curls/Holds

Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls with arm in arm wrestling position

Alternative this with training with a local group of pullers

It is being lazy. How many times do you think that question has been answered on this site? Honestly? It's not about time management. Click here. I also searched for "armwrestling workouts," and got about 8 pages of resources.

Don't get me wrong, I'm lazy, but I try not to open my self up for a ribbing. And in response to your short answer, if he's wondering about a beginners work out, I doubt he has a Rolling Thunder.

Much respect, G-Man :inno

Edited by Puller

Arm wrestle for sure, BUT make sure you try and find an experienced puller

so you don't develop bad habits in your technique.

If you've never arm wrestled I suggest you take it easy for about the first 3 months.

Limit your sessions to about 30 minutes once a week. Ice your elbows after each session

wether you think you need to or not.

Lastly, remember that arm wrestling practice sessions are just that, "practice".

Don't go all out with your partners. This will come with time. Tendon development

takes about 3 times longer than muscle development. Train smart and you can go far

in the sport. It's also the easiest sport to jump right back out of if you develope

a bad case of tendonitis.

Hope this helps.

Stay Strong!!! ;)