Blob Question......

dansweeney

Since I can now lift my new 42.5# blob I feel like the 50 is just around the corner. Its a pretty big deal for me since my 37.5 seemed to take forever to finally lift. I wanted to thank Rick Walker, because the KTA blob program has netted me tremendous results! My question is, how many guys with 7.5" or smaller hands have lifted the blob? Thanks in advance!

I've been training with my blob50 deloader and can fully lift the blob with 5lbs offsetted. I have 7 inch hands. Hopefully will have it lifted sometime in the near future.

Edited by CaptainCrush

Guest Bullitt

Since I can now lift my new 42.5# blob I feel like the 50 is just around the corner. Its a pretty big deal for me since my 37.5 seemed to take forever to finally lift. I wanted to thank Rick Walker, because the KTA blob program has netted me tremendous results! My question is, how many guys with 7.5" or smaller hands have lifted the blob? Thanks in advance!

Good stuff Dan! Not sure on the hand size question. I have 8.25" hands and have been able to lift the 42.5lb blob for a while now. In fact I pulled it by the face the first time I ever saw it. I can also lift it with 2 fingers and a thumb and with added weight (I've done the 42.5 plus 10 lbs). and I have yet to successfully lift a 50 pounder. It's a HUGE jump. More from a size standpoint than a weight thing. You will get there if you keep working at it though. I have heard nothing but great things about Blob KTA. My lack of block weight training until recently has probably been the biggest reason why I have yet to get a 50. I plan on lifting one at Gripmas. Good luck on your journey.

This isn't to say there are more, but I've only heard of one doing it.

Brad Martin did it with a shade over 7 inch hands. I plan to be the next one to do it! :whistel

Okay, so that's at least two now. Rob Vigeant's cousin did it with, I think, 7 1/4" hands! Sorry, I forgot his name.

Glad the program is working for you Dan!

Start doing some 1-arm rows and cleans with that 42.5, that will help you progress to the 50 pounder.

Good luck!

-Rick

I don't know about your question about hand size, but i also have had great results with Rick's Blob KTA. Glad to see your having tremendous results also.

I have sub 7.5" hands and I lifted the blob for the first time at last gripmas. I was also able to lift a fatman blob after the comp(josh dales slick 50) I don't have a blob bigger than 30# I just used hex heads to train with. depending on how you progress goes and what you goals are, I have a suggestion. don't train wider block weights if you want to lift the blob. I was at my strongest on the blob when I trained with a smaller block with weight added. when I went to the wider blocks I lost some of my strength on lesswide wide pinch. When I went back to emphasizing the narrower blocks my blob strength went back up. by narrow block I mead a 45# hex. the wide ones I worked on were a wide 50# and a 55#.

brent

When I was training my left for blobs the fastest thing was the deload on some couch cushions. I was lifting it in no time. As far as making my right better; training on the thin pinch for MGC did wonders for my blobs and after that it was added weight. Once I started adding weight to my blob50, the previously unliftable slick50 just came right up.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome accomplishment! I have a question for all the guys who used deloaders to lift the blob. I'm currently deloading 10 lbs. When you got to that stage, how long from there did you then lift it?

Awesome accomplishment! I have a question for all the guys who used deloaders to lift the blob. I'm currently deloading 10 lbs. When you got to that stage, how long from there did you then lift it?

I think everyone's deloader will give different results because of the friction at the pullies. Just my opinion