Just Did My Best Bend Ever!

EricMilfeld

Tonight I took down a section of 80D nail that calibrates at 615. Finally busted the 600 barrier! I'm so pleased for so many different reasons. First of all, I've been bending for six years and recently went 2 1/2 years without improvement. Secondly, I think I was about 20 pounds heavier when I last set a PR (I now weigh 185). Furthermore, I'm now adhering to the 3 minute time limit and 1 1/4" wrap width limit of The Steel Slayers list.

I think what finally got me on the ball to start improving again was The Steel Slayer list itself, as well as the bending contest I recently hosted. In short, the ol' cliche: GOALS.

Thanks for listening. It's just really cool to know I'm not dead yet! :mosher:upsidedwn

I'm uploading to Youtube right now.

Here's the video link:

Awesome Eric! That is hugely inspirational!!

Great stuff Eric, glad to see another PR and at a lighter weight even. :rock

Thanks, ya'll!

Also, I was a little hesitant to get on the list with a nail, but I calibrated three of these nails attaining figures of 615, 620, and 615. That degree of consistency with nails was pretty surprising.

Thanks again, guys!

I think I might join CaptainCrush in his pursuit of a KOAB cert. I think I have a couple left that calibrate at 665 lbs. I would probably have to use thicker pads to get it done any time in the immediate future, but maybe not. I've never even tried crush down pads, so that might help me the most, as my crush is by far my weakest portion of the bend. As Gazza has said before, stainless would be a good training tool for improving the crush.

Congrats Eric. Are you doing anything different (besides having a goal) from what you've been doing for the past 2 years?

Congrats Eric. Are you doing anything different (besides having a goal) from what you've been doing for the past 2 years?

No, I'm really not. Part of it must be the fact that I lost a good deal of motivation to push my bending and now have that motivation back. Enthusiasm is everything when it comes to bending. At the other end of the spectrum I would place thick bar (for me personally, anyways). My thick bar seems to respond solely to my training habits, whereas bending, because it takes such an intense and extended effort, is very dependent on my drive and excitement level.

Way to go Eric!!!

Great job my friend!!!