Finally Making Some Decent Progress Again

easyWeight

I just wanted to share some PRs from today.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9225

And a question about Edgins. As the description in my gallery says and the picture demonstrates, I have trouble with the threads bending consistently with the Edgins. Is there a brand that doesn't do this, or a way to avoid it? I'm 100% positive the bend would go much better without that persistent kink of the threads!

Thanks guys.

You could get some 7.5" and 8" Edgins from John and cut the threads off to make them 7". Short of that, I moved my wraps further up on the bar starting at Edgin level and used a bit more wrist torque than I did before. That kept me from bending the threads on the Edgins. If I remember correctly, I only had 1 Edgin where the threads bent on me.

BTW, get yourself some .339 and .343 0-1 Drill Rod. The .343 is 11/32, that shite is TOUGH. If I remember right, Kovach related the crush on the 7" 11/32 to a 650ish KOAB. The .339 is considerably easier than the .343, but that doesn't mean you should take it lightly ;)

You could get some 7.5" and 8" Edgins from John and cut the threads off to make them 7". Short of that, I moved my wraps further up on the bar starting at Edgin level and used a bit more wrist torque than I did before. That kept me from bending the threads on the Edgins. If I remember correctly, I only had 1 Edgin where the threads bent on me.

BTW, get yourself some .339 and .343 0-1 Drill Rod. The .343 is 11/32, that shite is TOUGH. If I remember right, Kovach related the crush on the 7" 11/32 to a 650ish KOAB. The .339 is considerably easier than the .343, but that doesn't mean you should take it lightly ;)

That's too obvious !!! :whistel

I'll have to check out some of the thicker Drill Rod. This stuff I have is about like bending one of the previous Shinies :tongue

.339 is a bit easier than an Edgin. .343 is noticeably harder.

As it turns out, I do have some thicker Drill Rod Doug sent me a while back. I forgot about it. I have one piece of 7"x11/32 (.343) and one that is 7"x9mm (.354), lol. If the 11/32 is comparable to a 650 KOAB, I hate to find out what the 9mm compares to :P If I'm feeling up to it, I'll give that 11/32 a shot :mosher

Edited by easyWeight

Congrats on the PRs, Darin! It won't be long now before you're taking down the seven inchers.

Congrats on the PRs, Darin! It won't be long now before you're taking down the seven inchers.

Thanks Eric. I'm pretty sure I can take down a 7 incher now. If I can get past the thread issue. I have a couple 8 inchers laying around I'll knock the threads off and give a try this weekend. Hopefully, I'll remember my camera, as I've been doing all my bending at the gym as of late.

Yeah man the Speedy Metals brand of the 11/32 0-1 drillrod is just a shade easier than the 665 KOAB on the crush. I think I fully bent a KOAB about a week after fully bending the drillrod. The kink on the other hand is a different story. The KOAB is much more difficult to get started than the drillrod is.

btw I have a batch of 23/64 0-1 drillrod that is TOUGHER than both the Fastenal and Speedy Metals 3/8 0-1 drillrod. Been working on that for the past week since the KOASB almost killed me.

Edited by CaptainCrush

Darin: oh yes! Thats MY boy! :mosher

very pround for your 7.5" Edgin!

When i was strong i bend one triang 7" edgin till 90 de g, next day one 7.5" edgin till 1.75" ...i was surprised how close they are till the crush(7" have one crush u would murder).

Red nail Du? Dang! Doug i need some reds quickly!:-)

Darin: oh yes! Thats MY boy! :mosher

very pround for your 7.5" Edgin!

When i was strong i bend one triang 7" edgin till 90 de g, next day one 7.5" edgin till 1.75" ...i was surprised how close they are till the crush(7" have one crush u would murder).

Red nail Du? Dang! Doug i need some reds quickly!:-)

Thanks Hugo! The 7" Edgin should fall tomorrow! The crush on the 7.5" wasn't all that bad at all, IMO.

You better hurry on that Red Nail, because I'm going to get it in IMPs before too long :D

Those 7.5" edgins are a good training tool for the kink IMHO. From what I remember I was doing 7.5" edgin with 1/4x7.5 round taped to it around the time I hit the 7x5/16 G8 the first time and 7.5" brutal hex with 1/4" taped to it when I first got the KOAB.

Congrats!

- Aaron