Todays Bending Pic And Red Nail Surprise/bummer

MitchSA

This is my 3'rd week of legit bending, i was unable to bend reverse today because my RH thumb tissue is feeling bit tender so I tried so DO for the 2'nd time ever, i used single leathers

4 x grade 8 bolts

1 x 5/16 6" South African Bolt

1 x 6" 1/4 square

and then one failed RED nail I found which Adam Glass sent me ages ago but I had forgotten about, I was pretty bummed with this as i kinked it quickly then the thing just froze on me.. I seemed to get too excited once I moved it then kinda mentally got beaten.. weird. Oh well there is some work to be done.

Thanks for Reading

link to picture http://terencemitchell.blogspot.com/

This is my 3'rd week of legit bending, i was unable to bend reverse today because my RH thumb tissue is feeling bit tender so I tried so DO for the 2'nd time ever, i used single leathers

4 x grade 8 bolts

1 x 5/16 6" South African Bolt

1 x 6" 1/4 square

and then one failed RED nail I found which Adam Glass sent me ages ago but I had forgotten about, I was pretty bummed with this as i kinked it quickly then the thing just froze on me.. I seemed to get too excited once I moved it then kinda mentally got beaten.. weird. Oh well there is some work to be done.

Thanks for Reading

link to picture http://terencemitchell.blogspot.com/

If you really get into DO bending, then you end up realizing there are some common sticking points. Those who get stuck at a wobble, 30-40 degrees from straight, 60-70 degrees from straight, and the last inch of crush down. You look like you have the 2nd one, 30-40 degrees from straight. That's a tough spot to get stuck, especially in small wraps. The only cure I know of is to keep bending DO until that weakness moves to another spot in the bend :) Not a bad first attempt though man!!!

That's some very good bending man! You might've just been tired by the time you started the Red. Volume and some specialized range work will lead you to the elite side of the bending lists.

Thank you Zach and Ben I always appreciate your advice!!

Nice bending Mitch. I'm a newbie bender myself but maybe I can offer some advice: you may want to get over the mental barrier the same way I do for harder pieces. Use double wraps for your bends, destroy the bars and get their powerful image or name out of your head. I've come to learn that bending (and grippers too actually) is half mental, once you get over those mental barriers things fall into place. I can now kink and sweep a bastard in single leathers, though I am nowhere near as close as I am with my doubles in time it takes to bend, in literally a week I was kinking and sweeping a bastard to 3.25" after getting over the mental side of things. Now it just comes down to pain tolerance which I will build up over time.

Machine :That is a very good point! I really believe I was beaten mentally yesterday. but tomorrow is another day!

Thank you for reading!

Hi Mitch, Looks like you were probably spent before you tried the Red Nail. I know I certainly would have been :blush

I have no doubt you will bend a Red Nail before December

I am actually thinking this month :)

Terence, after checking out your blog and your levering work I've no doubt you'll get a reverse Red by Christmas. All your bends and lifts look very solid and impressive!

Thank you very much for the encouraging words gentlemen. Thanks for reading my post and offering your expertise.

Mitch

South Africa