How To Implement My Grip Workouts At The Gym And At Home

Sigi

Hello all,

Im trying to figure out how to implement my grip training into my normal body workout at the gym and at home.

Three times per week Im doing a split routine on Mo/We/Fr and afterwards Im training my supporting and pinching grip (wrist+plate curls, finger walking, pinch lifts). Is that too much in the first place?

Just recently I acquired four hand grippers - a HG150, CoC Trainer, HG200, HG250: hey, Im just starting ;) - which I like to train at home. On what days should I start training them?

I hope someone can give me some advice on this. Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Robert

I would do grippers on the same days you do your other work, then you give your hands some time off to adapt. Grippers between sets of squats or presses work well for many, then finish up with pinching and wrist work.

I would do grippers on the same days you do your other work, then you give your hands some time off to adapt. Grippers between sets of squats or presses work well for many, then finish up with pinching and wrist work.

This is exactly what I do in the gym - alternate set for set on MWF and finish up at the end with grip machine then supporting or pinch. It's a little tricky on back night because I am taxing my grip doing deadlifts and pullups - generally I try to take a lot of warmups so I can get the core of my gripper training done before my supporting grip gets taxed from pulls. M-F morning I do noset work at the office but you will have an adaptation period if you are just starting out so this may be too much at first. This has worked pretty good for me the past year.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated guys :)

Since Im just starting out with grip training, Im gonna start abit conservative: supporting + pinching grip on M/F and gripper work on W/Su.

This way I can let my hands rest sufficiently, but I'll train my grip frequently enough to see progression ;)