Inch Replica Or Loadable Handle

OldGuy

I am curious to know who here uses an Inch replica or loadable handle? It seems that interest in these has been steadily growing. I have had a loadable for about 2 years.

I am curious to know who here uses an Inch replica or loadable handle? It seems that interest in these has been steadily growing. I have had a loadable for about 2 years.

I use both.

The key to lifting the inch is stopping the rotation.

The loadable has no such feature. :cool

Why does the original Inch 172 have a hole of about

1/4" diameter dead center in the handle?

What conceiveable reason for this?

When several men planned to each bring a nail to try

to lift the bell because they heard jamming a nail in

that hole and allowing the nail to extend between a couple of fingers would help stop the rotation, Inch

countered that the hole had nothing to do with lifting the bell.

His point could have easily been proved by allowing the men to use the nails. Is that what he did? Nope. He had

the hole filled in.

Why?

I have given serious thought to drilling a hole in my Inch,

but have decided that since it has nothing to do with

lifting the bell I will not. :tongue

The hole appears to have been drilled into the original,

rather than part of the casting process. Inch said that it

was part of the casting process to allow gases to escape-

tell that to a foundryman if you want to summon a smile.

Wannagrip, have you been able yet to form an opinion as to what is more difficult to control as far as rotation is concerned. The rotation of the solid Inch globes as you fight to hold onto the handle, or the rotation of the loadable handle within the plates?

Wannagrip, have you been able yet to form an opinion as to what is more difficult to control as far as rotation is concerned. The rotation of the solid Inch globes as you fight to hold onto the handle, or the rotation of the loadable handle within the plates?

There is no comparison. It's night and day difference in difficulty.

The globe rotation.

Wanna

Agree fully with ya on the differculty on the lifting of the replica

versus the loadable.

When i 1st got my inch replica and got it home,i tried all manner of ways to just stop it from falling out of my hand,but it just laughed at me.I then loaded my pda inch loadable to the same weight and it to

laughed but not as loud,i do think you have to have a little more on the loadable before you can lift the replica.

Steve Gardener reckons about 40lbs over the replicas weight,

Jim wylie thinks no were near that poundage,since they have both lifted the inch replica and i havn,t yet,one day i will have to find out for myself. :D

OldGuy-

I have a loadable dumbell. I bought a Turk from PDA. It's great. I use it for both heavy lift and other exercizes like swings, and curls. I don't think it'll help with the Inch though, the handle diameter is 3".

-HH

So it seems that the Inch replica and loadable, together with the R T handle all have there own rotation charecteristics which make them difficult to control and lift. More different than might be imagined.