Softball Lift

Cunny

mg6680

I was thinkin of doin the same with a shotput ball made of cast iron.

By drilling and then tapping a thread or the loading pin,it would be quite solid plus a fare weight to start of with!

I notice that you are a policeman :D hope you dont come across any Mike Dayton types,if you do better off having faster legs than stronger wrists :laugh

P.S. not shure wether he could legitimitaly break police handcuffs :blush

I was all set to buy a softball and hardware to use for grip work, when I found out a disadvantge in having a very big hand. A softball is too small. I could close my hand over it like a claw and lifting a lot of weight would not be much of a challenge. Oh well! I am going to focus on grippers only for the next 3 months, and that means no pinching or thickbar work. I want to see how far I can go and maybe even change my mind about working towards closing a #4. Still not motivated to certify on the #3 as there is so much variation that I may have the easiest ever 3, or maybe the hardest or anywhere in between. ;)

I guess for people with large hands a softball feels about the same that a baseball feels for me. If I use a baseball it turns away from being a pinch lift and turn into a sort of inefficient thickbar exercise.

mg6680

No need for welding,just drill a hole screw tap it and then insert one of those wall anchor bolts with a hook or ring on the end into the tapped hole,i am going to do this but dont no yet wich size shot put ball to use.

I have already used this idea on one of my 14lbs block weights,so that i can use it for wide oinches as the ends of the block are 4.4" sloping to over 5" so you get the added difficulty of pinching the sloping area.

I will get some photos of it and ask wanna to post them so you can all see how i made it :D

I use my 16lb shot to warm up for a block workout and for speed workout grabbing out of the air and hand to hand for speed. Get one it has helped my program tremendously. Try some reverse curls while gripping 16# shot those are fun. :yikes

Cunny

Cannot remember of hand,i will dig out the broshure tonight and give you the email adress,1 bought 5 different weights at once :D

Or you can use wooden balls! I went to a craft store and found different sizes. Here's a pic for you of one that's egg shaped:

wooden-egg.jpg

Edited by Strongman

Guest Hobbs28

If you could figure out some way for it to hold the weight a 16 inch or 14 inch softball would be good. They are a lot softer than a normal 12 inch and you can really sqeeze them if they have been use a little. The problem is they have cork or rag center and you would not be able to put much weight on it. Maybe if you drilled all the way though and put on a washer.

Cunny

I got the shot put balls from.

Neuff Athletic Equipment.

Website www.neuff.co.uk or Email sales@neuff.demon.co.uk :D