Help Closing The Coc #2

stillsmatik

Hey guys, been gripping half assed for about 2 years now.

Bought the #1, took about a month to close it. Bought the 1.5 again about a month to close it. Bought the #2, gotten as close as a centimeter from closing. I'm new here, haven't read much of the other topics.. can anyone help me with a routine, or link me to some routines that aren't the KTA program?

I figure I should mention, my training goals right now are closing the #2 and doing my first OAC.

Thanks for any help yo

May I propose this routine for 4 weeks :

Day 1

Warmup

Set 1 5 reps with 1

Set 2 3 reps with 1,5 and overcrush the last one

Set 3 1 attempt on #2

Set 4 1 attempt on #2

Set 5 1 attempt on #2

Set 6 As many reps as possible with 1,5

Active rest

Progress ? Track the distance between handles on # 2 and the number of reps on set 6

Day 2

Warmup

Set 1 5 reps with 1

Set 2 3 reps with 1,5 and overcrush the last one

Set 3 1 Negative crush with 2,5

Set 4 1 Negative crush with 2,5

Set 5 1 Negative crush with 2,5

Set 6 As many reps as possible with 1,5

Active rest

Go to failure while doing negative crush

Progress ? Track the number of reps on set 6

Day 3

Warmup with # 1 and warm up your wrists too

Set 1 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Set 2 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Set 3 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Set 4 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Set 5 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Set 6 Strap hold with 2 lbs and COC1

Go to failure each set and keep records of the holding time. Take 5 min. rest between each set

Active rest

Progress ? Add 0,5 lb each workout and track holding time

4th week : Day 1 will be dedicated to 5 attempts on the COC 2 after a short warmup. Take 5 min. rest between each attempt.

Take at least one day to recover between each workout.

It is clear that this routine doesn't take into account what your job is, what your sport is, if you are lifting or not, if you are doing other exrecices requiring handstrength. This is the kind of routine I followed 2 years ago while trying to close #2.

These are not words of God and a lot of people here on the board could give you routines of this kind and even better, no doubt. I think it's quite simple for a beginner and it will only take you 4 weeks to see if this kind of routine helps you get stronger.

When I first started I did not have a routine. Not saying this is a good or bad thing. But, all I had was a #1. I took it everywhere with me. I was commuting back and forth to school so I had about 2.5 hours on the road everyday.

I would take the #1, do 2-3 sets of 10 reps with it. Right and left hand. Then, I would do inverted closes. I would do this at least twice a day. Sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. Just depended on how I felt, what was going on, etc.

Then after I got to where I felt this was no longer challenging, I would not use my pinky on the gripper, then I would only use my index and middle fingers. Then I would invert and do the same thing. Using one less finger....basically, using a regular gripper like an IM Tug.

I only did this for a few months then got busy with college, a wife, a kid, a job, etc. After several months I decided to "pick it back up." I ordered the #1.5 and the #2. I closed both out of the package.

Like Joe said, I don't know what your job, schedule, sport, etc. is, but this is what worked for me.

Edited by huntca

You should be working mainly on the #2, now. Warm up, then do an attempt on the #2. Finish that attempt with 5-6 BFNs. Repeat that for 3-4 sets. After that, take whatever gripper you can close for about 8 parallel reps, and do as many reps as you can on it, and do a few sets of that. Once you get too tired to rep it, do about 2 overcrushes with it, holding it for as long as you can each time.

Finish that attempt with 5-6 BFNs.

Whats a "BFN"?

Is there a list somewhere of what all these settings are called?

I know some, but I guess there's alot more to know :cool

Finish that attempt with 5-6 BFNs.

Whats a "BFN"?

Is there a list somewhere of what all these settings are called?

I know some, but I guess there's alot more to know :cool

BFNs = bounce forced negatives.

It's like doing negatives, except as soon as the gripper opens, force it back shut again. I've found they work great for finishing off the last few mms on goal grippers.

It's like doing negatives, except as soon as the gripper opens, force it back shut again. I've found they work great for finishing off the last few mms on goal grippers.

Okey! Thanks for the answer.

Will try it after my current KTA period. :)

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

You should be working mainly on the #2, now. Warm up, then do an attempt on the #2. Finish that attempt with 5-6 BFNs. Repeat that for 3-4 sets. After that, take whatever gripper you can close for about 8 parallel reps, and do as many reps as you can on it, and do a few sets of that. Once you get too tired to rep it, do about 2 overcrushes with it, holding it for as long as you can each time.

How many days do you recommend to rest, before tryin the goal gripper again?

How many days do you recommend to rest, before tryin the goal gripper again?

Just go by feel. Mess with the grippers a just little bit every day, and when you hit a day that you feel strong, go for it.