Not Another Hand Size Thread !

Darco

I'm sure this already appeared but the search function is rather limited so I'll ask it here : Who among those who has certed on the #3 with a credit card has the smallest hands and what do they measure.

I have no idea, but I'll guess 7 1/4".

If that's the case then I just barley make the mark.......I believe from measuring I am somewhere inbetween 7 1/4 and 7 3/8

I really have no idea, I just thought it'd be fun to guess. Don't let hand size get in the way of your dreams guys. If you want something then make it happen.

Satohisa Nakada had 7" hands and was one of the first COCs, I believe he used much less than a parallel set, but I'm not sure if it was quite at credit card level.

I bet this guy could CCS close a #4 if he had the strength of a gorilla. :blink

I have heard that gorillas have a very strong grip. They could close any gripper ever made. ;)

And twist steel I-beams like taffy!

Edited by Magnus

I bet this guy could CCS close a #4 if he had the strength of a gorilla. :blink

I have heard that gorillas have a very strong grip. They could close any gripper ever made. ;)

And twist steel I-beams like taffy!

Their at least 30 Times stronger than any human in all events!

On a more serious note....Teemu has stated that his hands are just of 7inches...guessing about 7 1/4, and he is right around the corner from certing on the 3.5..........He could probably cert right now if he wanted to, but what I've read from him, he likes to MAKE SURE he will succeed. On his coc3 cert he completely dominated it.

Second note........Helsep is only 5'10'' and guessing his hands are of gigantic porportions either, and he has vids. of him repping a #3 for 10 with full range reps. It's more the heart than the hand size that matters here, though I am sure anyone under 7inch hands is going to have a heck of a struggle.....I still think it can be done.

• 6 years later...

Thread bump from 6 years ago?? Why?

My hands are 7-7 1/8th inches... I always measure after a workout for some reason so I'm a little shakey hence the inaccuracies.

My hands are 7-7 1/8th inches... I always measure after a workout for some reason so I'm a little shakey hence the inaccuracies.

I was searching for small hand threads while looking at active posts. Just mistook one for another.

On a more serious note....Teemu has stated that his hands are just of 7inches...guessing about 7 1/4, and he is right around the corner from certing on the 3.5..........He could probably cert right now if he wanted to, but what I've read from him, he likes to MAKE SURE he will succeed. On his coc3 cert he completely dominated it.

Second note........Helsep is only 5'10'' and guessing his hands are of gigantic porportions either, and he has vids. of him repping a #3 for 10 with full range reps. It's more the heart than the hand size that matters here, though I am sure anyone under 7inch hands is going to have a heck of a struggle.....I still think it can be done.

Hesleps hands are 7 1/2.

Teemus too if I remember correctly.

I was searching for small hand threads while looking at active posts. Just mistook one for another.

You do not have to explain why you started a thread to anyone ( as long as you do not violate the board's rules). As long as the Mods and Admin have no issue, no need to post out WHY. Sheeeshus

I have 7" hands, and it is an impediment to CCS and TNS, but small hand size is not an insurmountable obstacle. Will, work, and determination will get a person just as far as they are willing to go.

If you can CCS a #1 but not a #3, hand size isn't the issue. Strength is the issue.

• Like 2

If you can CCS a #1 but not a #3, hand size isn't the issue. Strength is the issue.

True. It seems strength is the issue for a majority of strength feats. I think it's more fun and adds even more merit to someone if they can close a strong gripper with a CCS while also having smaller hands. To deny that it's slightly more of an obstacle is a bit silly. The fact is everyone's hands are a little different and we have to work with what we've got and make the best of it. I've honestly wanted to see how my hands fit on a blob or an inch dumbell just to assess the challenge. I've never had the chance though. I should show you my cousins hands... Very similar to Slims in how they look. They are 9 inches from middle finger to the first crease in his wrist. I gave him a #3 and he smashed the initial sweep and hit a wall slightly past parallel. Isn't the last bit of the crush supposedly more difficult for bigger handed gents?

I don't see how the last bit would be any harder for someone with big hands. I mean yeah andre the giant might have had some technical issues, but barring gigantism and dwarfism, there are no excuses.

hah! Just imagined Andre with a gripper. It would be worse than when Magnus certified. It would just disappear completely. Anyone know how big his hands were?

• Like 1

I know this post is really old, but the misinformation here is pretty flagrant. I believe Teemu posted in at least one of the hand size threads. He was sub-8" but not by much. It has always stuck with me that our hands were similar and I'm 7-5/8". He was in the sub-8 crowd but not really the " small hand" crowd.

You do not have to explain why you started a thread to anyone ( as long as you do not violate the board's rules). As long as the Mods and Admin have no issue, no need to post out WHY. Sheeeshus

Just trying to be civil. He asked so I answered. Forum peeps are fickle all over so I try not to ruffle any feathers ;).

hah! Just imagined Andre with a gripper. It would be worse than when Magnus certified. It would just disappear completely. Anyone know how big his hands were?

Not sure of exact measurement, but there is a pic of him holding a 12 oz beer can, and it looks like someone holding one of those little V8 cans. Monstrous.