Arsen Liliev In The Gym: One Arm Pullup + Dumbell

fightertrainer

Me too! I like to see him against top US guy who flops wrist all the time AWing aka Jerry Cadorrette, and see him pull it out.

Very impressive - would really love to see how he would match up against Devon Larratt or John Brzenk.

I honestly think that Arsen my be the only person that could really touch them at this point, besides a few others. It's hard to say, because it really depends, I guess. I'm sure there are people that Arsen can't beat, but maybe John can, but then Arsen could go and beat John.

There is a video of John and Arsen pulling, if you can find it, and there was no way John was going to move his arm. It wasn't a real match, so John just stopped pulling him, then chuckled.

The video with John vs Arsen was after the tournament play around. John won the open class that day and wanted to feel Arsen arm so he just stood there w/o offensive move but holding only. Arsen was much lighter then, and still his arm was just as big as John's. I believe Arsen is not peaked yet. He still has few years to peak, and yet he's awesome already. I can't imagine 3 years from now...!!!

Very impressive - would really love to see how he would match up against Devon Larratt or John Brzenk.

I honestly think that Arsen my be the only person that could really touch them at this point, besides a few others. It's hard to say, because it really depends, I guess. I'm sure there are people that Arsen can't beat, but maybe John can, but then Arsen could go and beat John.

There is a video of John and Arsen pulling, if you can find it, and there was no way John was going to move his arm. It wasn't a real match, so John just stopped pulling him, then chuckled.

he beat travis who after the match with arsen lost all his friendly matchs right anf left hand. hes not on devons level yet.

and in the practice with john the match stops when john realises how strong he is. aww shiit

1. Engin said on the NE Board that Travis was messing around with the Turkish pullers to try and have fun and get his spirits back up. He said the guys who were "beating" him he [Engin] can beat.

2. Travis said Arsen beat him so easily that he doesn't know how strong Arsen even is

3. Arsen made 171 lbs. a couple days before that match with John, and yes it was them just screwing around, but John said recently on armtv (in the John Brzenk Hot Topics video) that he didn't feel in control (I believe he said he couldn't open Arsen's arm up - yes it was unofficial just for fun, however).

Don't be fooled by Travis "losing" to some pretty good lightweight Turkish pullers... that was my main point... he gave 225 lbs. John Brzenk a good match at the Harley Pull at the end of May, and you don't lose much strength in 2 months...

Edited by Josh H

if you do nothing you do josh.

Huh? :unsure

I think he meant if you stop working out you lose strength.......for those 2 months or w/e. It looks to me like Travis cut some weight maybe trying to get the abs going......and if he did it incorrectly he could have lost a decent amount of strength.

I still think he came in ready to go for arsen.......I mean it was travis that had something to lose really. If Arsen lost he's young he can come back bigger and stronger. But travis is the veteran the champ he was supposed to win because that's what he does. For people to think he was taking the match lightly would be asinine.

After Zloty I think we will see just how good Arsen is.....

Oh yeah you're right Kyle...

you may lose some strength if you do nothing for 2 months, but you don't lose very much. When your tendons are strong, they are strong, if an armwrestler retires if he does nothing for 2 or more years and then tries to armwrestle again, he'll still be nearly as good as before. Marty O'Neil from MN retired for 4 years and is just coming back now, and he told me you barely lose anything in your arm, only your hand gets weaker... and that's 4 years, I believe John Brzenk sometimes takes as much as 3 to 4 weeks off before a tournament just to be 100%. You DON'T lose much in 2 months.

it was travis who said himself on NE board that one day AW means nothing to him and the next its most important thing. i just hope he comes back good. zloty will be good this year, wonder where arsen will end up, if hes going.