Rolling Thunder Experiment

chriselv

As I mentioned in a post back in April, I where going to try to "make" a Rolling Thunder training program.

I have absolutely no idea if this program will work or not. I've simply taken a 12 week powerlifting program (squat, bench and deadlift) and used the benchpress calculations.

You simply type in the goal you want to reach, and the maximum training weight (in %). Then the spreadsheet will calculate a 12 week routine. I think that the benefit of doing this is that you get a very structured long-term training routine with a lot of volume.

There's a lot of sets and 3 workouts each week (some weeks there are less). I've started the routine this week, and I'll report back if it's working or not :)

As I mentioned in a post back in April, I where going to try to "make" a Rolling Thunder training program.

I have absolutely no idea if this program will work or not. I've simply taken a 12 week powerlifting program (squat, bench and deadlift) and used the benchpress calculations.

You simply type in the goal you want to reach, and the maximum training weight (in %). Then the spreadsheet will calculate a 12 week routine. I think that the benefit of doing this is that you get a very structured long-term training routine with a lot of volume.

There's a lot of sets and 3 workouts each week (some weeks there are less). I've started the routine this week, and I'll report back if it's working or not :)

IS there a link to this program so I can put in my numbers?

IS there a link to this program so I can put in my numbers?

Here's the link to the original program (Excel file) http://styrkeloft.no/files/treningsprogram..._NYBEGYNNER.xls

But it's in Norwegian, and it calculates bench, squat and deadlift numbers. I've made a simpler version of this, removing everything that's not necessary (being almost everything).

Is there a way to upload files on GripBoard? If not, I'll probably be able to upload it to a website tomorrow.

I would also be interested in seeing the program you are following. Sounds interesting.