Supergrip 2002 Competition Results

Bill Piche

Looks good but aren't some of these results from the 2001 contest?

BC.

*edit- Nevermind, I see that the link has been revised and the events are now only for this year.

Edited by bseedot

Brian,

I can personally attest to the competitors, and the results as best as I can remember them are accurate. I wasn't there in 2001, but the results are accurate for this year.

Gazza, the Goerner Stroll was brutal, and it was also the last event which made it even worse.

Edited by AnimalCage

The contest was great. The judging was extremely fair to all. The competitors were wonderful. And the hosts were fantastic. I can't wait to do it all over again next year! :rock

The Goerner stroll is done w/the oly bars and no handle attached right? If so, those were some awesome lbs you guys lifted (and walked). So far, I've only managed 205 in ea hand. 290 in ea hand is simply awesome. Great job to both of you.

Tom,

Here are the rules for the Rectangular Fix

The barbell hangs at arm's length across the lifter's thighs for the start of the lift. Maximum hand spacing is shoulder width. The knuckles must be to the front, and trunk and legs should be perfectly upright and braced throughout the lift with upper arms staying in contact with the upper torso sides and the knuckles staying upwards and not sagging. Only the lower forearms move upwards until they are at right angles to the body and parallel to the floor for the end of the lift. The lift starts and finishes on the referee's signal. Raising of toes and heels, and swaying of body are not allowed.