Hi Im New

noobgripper

hi I just received a set of heavy sports hand grippers last week and can tell Im about to turn into a hand strength dork already..ha

Im currently learning jiu-jitsu,judo,wrestling,muythai,boxing and mma and realized that my hand strength was really important and I wanted to improve on that.

As of now I can close the hg150 for sets the hg200 a few times(3-4) and am really close to closing the hg250 for one repetition. My goal right now is obvisouly to start doing sets with the hg200 and to close the 250.

And this looks like the place to go to get good advice/inspiration for any handworkouts...but right now I gots to get to jiu-jitsu class so see yall later...

Welcome ! That's quite a few fighting styles to learn all at once - I used to get confused with just one style!

good stuff noobgripper.....any questions just ask away :D

Welcome ! That's quite a few fighting styles to learn all at once - I used to get confused with just one style!

To tell you the truth for awhile I was just doing mma and thai boxing, but once I added the gracie jiu-jitsu wrestling, and boxing it really helped me adapt quicker. I will have to cut back to just jiu-jitsu and mma for a few months though.

Oh and one thing I really need to start learning more about is finger strength. I have purchased a eaglecatcher a while back but that is just good for warmups now. Time to browse this site!

Edited by noobgripper

Welcome to the site - enjoy it as there is a wealth of knowledge and experience at this site and in a lot more areas than just grip.

Welcome to the gripboard

To tell you the truth for awhile I was just doing mma and thai boxing, but once I added the gracie jiu-jitsu wrestling, and boxing it really helped me adapt quicker. I will have to cut back to just jiu-jitsu and mma for a few months though.

You'll soon find out that grappling and the grappling arts relies a lot on good, solid hand strength, so you've done yourself a great favor by working on and improving yours through the use of hand grippers and also coming to this forum. Welcome! :happy

hi I just received a set of heavy sports hand grippers last week and can tell Im about to turn into a hand strength dork already..ha

Im currently learning jiu-jitsu,judo,wrestling,muythai,boxing and mma and realized that my hand strength was really important and I wanted to improve on that.

As of now I can close the hg150 for sets the hg200 a few times(3-4) and am really close to closing the hg250 for one repetition. My goal right now is obvisouly to start doing sets with the hg200 and to close the 250.

And this looks like the place to go to get good advice/inspiration for any handworkouts...but right now I gots to get to jiu-jitsu class so see yall later...

Welcome !

Yes, it's the best place to learn!