Plates For Pinching

madknight

I'm looking for some Oly or standard plates that are good for pinching. Every kind of weight I've seen around my city is either rubber, has holes in it, or has the design on both sides (ie no flat smooth surface). What's a place that sells good oly or standard plates with a smooth surface (the cheaper the better) that is ideal for pinching? I'm going to use them for other things too but I might as well make sure they're good for everything I'm doing.

I'm looking for some Oly or standard plates that are good for pinching. Every kind of weight I've seen around my city is either rubber, has holes in it, or has the design on both sides (ie no flat smooth surface). What's a place that sells good oly or standard plates with a smooth surface (the cheaper the better) that is ideal for pinching? I'm going to use them for other things too but I might as well make sure they're good for everything I'm doing.

I was lucky to buy a 400 lb. York set in the early 80's but I've been able to find Oly plates at

thrift stores . I've gotten 45s,35s that were great for hub lifting also try sotre that sell used sport

equipment like Play it Again Sports

Good luck

Robert

Thanks, I've been to play it again sports before and I don't think they're plates are quite what I'm looking for since they don't have a smooth side to them, but I'll look again to make sure. I've tried looking online but no one mentions if the weight has a smooth side and if there's a picture it only shows one side. If I find a good deal I'll ask the sellers to find out but I'd rather not have to ask people from every site I find plates on when some people on this site probably know the answer to my question.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3D160%26um%3D1

this is about the chepest you will get them new a dollar a pound unless you find some a pia

Thanks for that link Dan. :) I don't live in the USA any more but I've been looking for Olympic plates for a couple years now and never found any in this country. From your link I discovered the manufacturer is Keys Fitness and they have a website where you can search for an authorized distributor in your area/country. Turns out there is one in my country and I'll be paying them a visit when money and time permit. For anyone else in the US or other countries you can see where the nearest distributor is from the link below. If you are able to visit the place in person I bet you could save a ton on shipping.

Keys Fitness

Thanks for that link Dan. :) I don't live in the USA any more but I've been looking for Olympic plates for a couple years now and never found any in this country. From your link I discovered the manufacturer is Keys Fitness and they have a website where you can search for an authorized distributor in your area/country. Turns out there is one in my country and I'll be paying them a visit when money and time permit. For anyone else in the US or other countries you can see where the nearest distributor is from the link below. If you are able to visit the place in person I bet you could save a ton on shipping.

Keys Fitness

Damn, no locations in my province or any province close to me. Good link though.

here are some standards in canada http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3Doff%26um%3D1 and http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3Doff%26um%3D1 search google canada olympic standard weight plates

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

• 2 weeks later...