Ccs Reps On #3 And 60lb Bup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Had a good workout tonight. I've been working on my wider set closes and after my squats tonight I thought I would try some CCS doubles on my #3 (swiping the card for each rep). Ended up almost getting it on first double, so I filmed second double. I thought the second rep closed until I saw the video. Missed by a mm or so.

Then I was doing some one arm presses with my 27.3KG/60lb kettlebell on the deck. I have been trying to master the bottoms up press and finally got 2 singles. Sorry for the shaky deck railing. Try not to get motion sickness on these two. It was pretty amazing I was able to do these in the middle of an earthquake. :laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVW4oyC5tRY

Had a good workout tonight. I've been working on my wider set closes and after my squats tonight I thought I would try some CCS doubles on my #3 (swiping the card for each rep). Ended up almost getting it on first double, so I filmed second double. I thought the second rep closed until I saw the video. Missed by a mm or so.

Then I was doing some one arm presses with my 27.3KG/60lb kettlebell on the deck. I have been trying to master the bottoms up press and finally got 2 singles. Sorry for the shaky deck railing. Try not to get motion sickness on these two. It was pretty amazing I was able to do these in the middle of an earthquake. :laugh

Good stuff Mike!

Are you thinking about trying the Ironmind #3 CCS certification in the near future?

Guest Bullitt

Good stuff Mike!

Are you thinking about trying the Ironmind #3 CCS certification in the near future?

One of my goals was to try and get it this year. I'm going to wait and see where I am when this experimental program is over and then probably give it a shot. The MM2 is what is front and center in my mind right now.

way to go man, impressive!

One of my goals was to try and get it this year. I'm going to wait and see where I am when this experimental program is over and then probably give it a shot. The MM2 is what is front and center in my mind right now.

I was thinking about maybe giving it a shot at the 2010 Arnold.

Guest Bullitt
way to go man, impressive!

Thanks bro!

I was thinking about maybe giving it a shot at the 2010 Arnold.

That would be sweet!

Show-off.

:rock

Yea, like you couldn't do 5 - 10 like this. I'm just trying to keep you from getting too far ahead of me bro! :laugh

I will say that first rep closed easier than any CCS rep I've done. Definitely getting stronger on the wider reps.

Nice work Mike....! :rock

You can cert to be a Captain of Crush with no problem.The first close was a solid CCS close!

Great pressing with the Kb...! Remember, balance is the secret! ;)

Great work Mike!

Bet the cam work did kill that 2nd rep.

Guest Bullitt
Nice work Mike....! :rock

You can cert to be a Captain of Crush with no problem.The first close was a solid CCS close!

Great pressing with the Kb...! Remember, balance is the secret! ;)

Thanks my friend. Yea, the balancing of that thing is tough. having tried this, your doing 10 reps on the 32kg bell is that much more amazing to me.

Great work Mike!

Bet the cam work did kill that 2nd rep.

Thanks Franky. Yea, it did. Goal is to be able to run off 5 reps like that.

Hey very strong & nice work!

Forget the Credit Card, just rep out the gripper using a natural wide set - I think using a credit card takes away momentum and isn't necessary to demonstrate power on the wide close scheme. Same goes for TNS reps, which leave your hands off balance after each close.

Since it's videotaped we can all see whether it's "wide" or "parallel" and yours were definately "wide" and I believe you would do better without that credit card taking away your speed and control.

Q: How come the handles look like a black marker was used to drawn on the "3" ?

Guest Bullitt
Hey very strong & nice work!

Forget the Credit Card, just rep out the gripper using a natural wide set - I think using a credit card takes away momentum and isn't necessary to demonstrate power on the wide close scheme. Same goes for TNS reps, which leave your hands off balance after each close.

Since it's videotaped we can all see whether it's "wide" or "parallel" and yours were definately "wide" and I believe you would do better without that credit card taking away your speed and control.

Q: How come the handles look like a black marker was used to drawn on the "3" ?

I always color in the gripper numbers and letters (BBs) to make them easier to see on videos. I just use an extra fine sharpie.

As for the card, i just wanted to see if I could do a double swiping twice.

Oh, Mike beat me to it ;)

Actually Danny caught me. It's really a trainer. I just draw 3's on there to feel better about myself. ;):D

So, that's where I have been going wrong! I know what to do now! :D

Guest Bullitt

Actually Danny caught me. It's really a trainer. I just draw 3's on there to feel better about myself. ;):D

Yea, I'm thinkin of selling a course: How to close a "#3" in one day. Two easy payments of $9.99. The only thing you will need is a Captains of Crush Trainer and a black sharpie. :laugh

Yea, I'm thinkin of selling a course: How to close a "#3" in one day. Two easy payments of $9.99. The only thing you will need is a Captains of Crush Trainer and a black sharpie. :laugh

hHAHAHAHAHAH..

Danny you could complete all your 2009 goals quickly if you buy Bullitt's course :laugh

Send me two of those courses.....I'll make a double close!! :laugh:laugh :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Send me two of those courses.....I'll make a double close!! :laugh:laugh :laugh

I'm going to be RICH!!! :cool:laugh

Edited by Bullitt

thought everyone did that ....

Guest Bullitt

thought everyone did that ....

sssshhhhhhhhhhh ;)