Training Program

djukac

Hi guys, I wonder can you post some training program that you armwrestlers use?I mean a total full body program not only for the arms and hands.

Hi guys, I wonder can you post some training program that you armwrestlers use?I mean a total full body program not only for the arms and hands.

some guys never do a routine for armwrestling they join a club or team or armwrestle friends just training on the table will help you or build yourself one and use cables or springs to do the movement do a google search on tables to get an idea joe has some good ideas armwrestle a cable machine or innertubes any exercise that strengthen your arm wrist and fingers will help good luck youtube has some training videos also good luck

Hahaha, total body programs!!! Some pro guys can probably wristcurl more than he can squat, no kidding! :D

I say it always helps to be strong all over.....I used AMD created by Jim Smith (smitty on the board) of the diesel crew. It's awesome and I am having amazing results. It's cool because it teaches you how to create and tailor a routine for your particular needs or goals. I say check it out if you want to be big, strong, flexible, and remain healthy and injury free throughout. It's working for me and I plan on running through the 16 weeks over and over with bigger weights, and a better physique.

And I also wonder what kind of grip is more important for armrestling ( I know that both are important ) crushing or pinch ?

i do training for arm wrestling and in the gym. some gym workouts are specific for arm wrestling. ill go over the basic gym stuff to stay 'big' etc.

monday

bench press heavy up to 10 sets

triceps skullcrushers light weight 3 - 4 sets plenty of reps

squats 5 sets working up to heavy 1 rep usually

biceps - 1 arm concentration curls heavy 5 -6 sets

arms - hammer curl hold withj cable heavy

lat pull downas 3 sets workni up to heavy set

flies / pec deck 3 sets

wednesday

shoulders 3 - 4 sets working heavy

deltoids 3 sets medium to light weight

forearms wrist curls 3 sets heavy

deadlifts (once every 2 weeks) working up to heavy lots of sets

friday

bench press - 4 - 5 sets of light weight (10 - 20 percent of max )

tricep extensions 3 sets light weight

biceps preacher curls with ez bar on prayer bench 3 - 4 sets heavyish

biceps on preacher curl doing them in a lockin position. i.e. watch devon larrats video to see how.

this is what i would do if i wasnt on the table, if i was on the table i would cut out most exercises with arms or keep them really light. grip work is done before anything like arms. uusaly on a monday i do bench, after if i have my grippers, i do them then, my hands seem abit warmed up but ready to close the #2. if i do them after a wkrout my hands are ripped.apart.

TABLE TIME TABLE TIME TABLE TIME !!!!!!!! :D

:D Yes I know that that is the most important aspect of armwrestling but I'm talking about the training beside table time.And which grip is most important for armwrestling?Is it crushing,pinching or supporting ( I know that all are important but which is the most )?

TABLE TIME TABLE TIME TABLE TIME !!!!!!!! :D

:D Yes I know that that is the most important aspect of armwrestling but I'm talking about the training beside table time.And which grip is most important for armwrestling?Is it crushing,pinching or supporting ( I know that all are important but which is the most )?

Check my video out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUp42WLzbbA

Hope this answers your question.

Joe that's a great video.Thanks on the info.Btw how long have u been armwrestling?

I started in 1979 through 1994. Injured my right shoulder.

Refed for a couple of years after that.

To answer your question, I competed for 15 years and been involved

in the sport for 30 years.

Currently trying to make a comeback in the Masters Class 198 or Heavy.

I'll be 47 years old next month. My goal is to win a National or World

title before I turn 50.

It's been tougher than I thought. I can't recover as fast now and the gains are

a lot slower after 40. We'll see! Wish me luck!

Glad you like the videos!

Hope they help. :)

Joe that's a great video.Thanks on the info.Btw how long have u been armwrestling?

I started in 1979 through 1994. Injured my right shoulder.

Refed for a couple of years after that.

To answer your question, I competed for 15 years and been involved

in the sport for 30 years.

Currently trying to make a comeback in the Masters Class 198 or Heavy.

I'll be 47 years old next month. My goal is to win a National or World

title before I turn 50.

It's been tougher than I thought. I can't recover as fast now and the gains are

a lot slower after 40. We'll see! Wish me luck!

Glad you like the videos!

Hope they help. :)

Well good luck Joe I hope you do your best and win the title at least the national. :)