Cut Protection Gloves Instead Of Wraps

Benedikt Farsmann

I have found some cut protection gloves (made of Aramid) in a store and wondered if they could replace my wraps as I like to keep my wraps as thin as possible (barehanded prefered). I didn't buy them because they are too expensive though. Do you have any experiences with similar gloves?

I have found some cut protection gloves (made of Aramid) in a store and wondered if they could replace my wraps as I like to keep my wraps as thin as possible (barehanded prefered). I didn't buy them because they are too expensive though. Do you have any experiences with similar gloves?

I don't have any experience bending in them. But, we used to use something similar as "frisk" gloves while working at the jail. Not sure if it they are exactly the same ones. But I think they are; prevented us from getting cuts from razor blades, knives, or getting stuck with needles. Hope this helps.

I don't have any experience bending in them. But, we used to use something similar as "frisk" gloves while working at the jail. Not sure if it they are exactly the same ones. But I think they are; prevented us from getting cuts from razor blades, knives, or getting stuck with needles. Hope this helps.

I had some of those too and had considered using them for bending, but I gave them away when I quit 3 years ago. Wish I hadn't so I could've given it a shot though.

I actually tried some on a few weeks ago on vacation and thought about them but I think the reason you haven't seen them catch on is because gloves are illegal for most certification lists. Plus I bet the leather outer shell would get torn up pretty fast and even though the aramid would protect your hands from cuts, the thin nature of the material would let alot of pain come though.

Just my 2 cents though.

Tim

I think there is something in the original rules penned by Pat P. etc. that gloves(of any kind) are strictly forbidden, but I imagine that would be for certs, etc. Just remember that cut protection gloves may prevent against cuts, but not peripheral nerve damage(ie.your hands). Be careful!!!!

I used to use gloves like this for box cutting at work. They are great for protection against a very sharp edge like a razor sliding against the surface. They are almost impossible to cut. But direct inward pressure against a sharp point rather than an edge would spread the weave apart and still cut you easily. In my opinion they would be mostly useless in protecting against the compression cuts from bending.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8493