Knuckles Hurting

spyrobuddy

Right know my knuckles in my hand are fairly sore. It is effecting my gripper strength because it hurts me to close the grippers. The knuckles get progressively worse as they go down the hand. (pinky is the worst.)

Also the bottom core of my hand works. I gave it a day of rest but they are still sore. Ive been trying to do contrasts baths but I dont have too buckets so i first put hot water in then empty it and fill it back with cold water. Will that still work or should I purchase some buckets?

Also Should I keep training or rest untill they get better?

I'm no expert, but I would say that your body will tell you what to do. If it is a little sore, keep going. If it is agonizing, stop. That being said, I just went on vacation for a week. Didn't touch anything training related for the whole time and my hands feel better now than in a long time. Also, coulda been soaking them in the sea water for 5 or 6 hours a day. :D

Bottom line, I would say let them rest.

Edited by huntca

I had a recent post on this...basically it's as simple as resting. I had to learn to respect the grippers enough not to just pick them up every day just to make sure I could still shut them. My buddies at work are learning this as well.

Right know my knuckles in my hand are fairly sore. It is effecting my gripper strength because it hurts me to close the grippers. The knuckles get progressively worse as they go down the hand. (pinky is the worst.)

Also the bottom core of my hand works. I gave it a day of rest but they are still sore. Ive been trying to do contrasts baths but I dont have too buckets so i first put hot water in then empty it and fill it back with cold water. Will that still work or should I purchase some buckets?

I say if it's muscular soreness in the hands then yes rest until it goes away and you will come back stronger for your next workout.

If it's actual pain on the finger itself from improper form on the gripper (slightly pulled tendon on the finger) - then do light gripper work to get the blood flowing and correct your form on the gripper.

But from what you're stating - it does sound like muscular soreness on the hands, we have all gotten this and this is when you know you really trained hard on the grippers, now rest and let those hands thicken up!

Edited by DannyGrip

I say if it's muscular soreness in the hands then yes rest until it goes away and you will come back stronger for your next workout.

If it's actual pain on the finger itself from improper form on the gripper (slightly pulled tendon on the finger) - then do light gripper work to get the blood flowing and correct your form on the gripper.

But from what you're stating - it does sound like muscular soreness on the hands, we have all gotten this and this is when you know you really trained hard on the grippers, now rest and let those hands thicken up!

K thanks alot guys

As for the contrast baths you use two sinks or a sink and one bucket. I like to have as little time as possible between each contrast cycle as it feels like the shock works a little better.

I suggest sand grabbing for extensor work over bands, I still use my IM bands but prefer my 5 gallon bucket full of sand.

I suggest sand grabbing for extensor work over bands, I still use my IM bands but prefer my 5 gallon bucket full of sand.

are you saying my hands are hurting because im not doing extensor work?

I ordered the bands waiting for them to come in i will try a bucket filled with sand also.

Anyhow, My pinky hurts the most of all my fingers like it even hurts pressing it agasint a flat surface like a table. But the others are just sore.

Is it because my pinky is weaker and just more tired

?

Or is it because the pinky is skinnier and more likely to get hurt / injured?

are you saying my hands are hurting because im not doing extensor work?

I ordered the bands waiting for them to come in i will try a bucket filled with sand also.

Anyhow, My pinky hurts the most of all my fingers like it even hurts pressing it agasint a flat surface like a table. But the others are just sore.

Is it because my pinky is weaker and just more tired

?

Or is it because the pinky is skinnier and more likely to get hurt / injured?

Not sure what kind of pain you're getting - but it looks like it's just normal muscular soreness on your hands. Give it time and you will see your hands will thicken up and get used to the workload, but even in the future when you move up a level in grippers for example - you will feel soreness in your hands again. I actually love it when my hands are sore, it lets me know that my gripper workout from the day before was intense enough.

Its all about rest...I have said this a few times over the years but when I first started grippers I did them every day for a week, my hands were so sore (back of hands), I gave it a week off til no more soreness then back into it, got sore again, then took time off again...never had that intense soreness again..a little pain yes, but not that debilitating pain where you cant train. Even after a lengthy layoff from grippers I get very little soreness these days, some off that will come down to gripper technique, some of that will come down to my job (house framer), but alot will come down to the foundation work I did a few years back....about extensor work...do some for sure...ordering the IM bands, in due respect, you will learn :)

My knuckles hurt all the time. Take a couple three or so days off and youll be fine. Good luck bro.

My knuckles hurt all the time. Take a couple three or so days off and youll be fine. Good luck bro.

Its been 4 days thats all and their stil sore

ive been doing contrast baths and they dont hurt much after that but then they are sore when I wake up in the morning.

Anyhow theyre slowing getting better.

I wonder if its like when i first started weight lifting , and My muscles would be so sore.

Hopefully After i become accustomed to it They wont get as sore they will just get tired.

Take as long as you need, they will certainly get use to the strains of grippers :cool

ive been doing contrast baths and they dont hurt much after that but then they are sore when I wake up in the morning.

I wonder if its like when i first started weight lifting , and My muscles would be so sore.

Hopefully After i become accustomed to it They wont get as sore they will just get tired.

When you first start training on grippers, your hands can be sore for a whole week until it completely goes away.

Nothing to worry about - just means the muscles in your hands got some extra work they were never used to.

Once you get accustomed to grippers and the workload imposed on your hands, the soreness would last 2 days at most.

On the good side of things, whatever training you did was effective because you got to shock those muscles!

Just wondering, which gripper did you train with and what was your workout like?

When you first start training on grippers, your hands can be sore for a whole week until it completely goes away.

Nothing to worry about - just means the muscles in your hands got some extra work they were never used to.

Once you get accustomed to grippers and the workload imposed on your hands, the soreness would last 2 days at most.

On the good side of things, whatever training you did was effective because you got to shock those muscles!

Just wondering, which gripper did you train with and what was your workout like?

I used my hg 200 for reps, do a few singles on a hg 250 and them some heavy negatives and attempts on my hg 300. I ordered captain of crush 2.5-4 as well. and Ironmind bands which im waiting for.

I used my hg 200 for reps, do a few singles on a hg 250 and them some heavy negatives and attempts on my hg 300. I ordered captain of crush 2.5-4 as well. and Ironmind bands which im waiting for.

You're training well - Keep it up!

I would suggest you get CoC #1.5 to #3. Don't think there's a need for #3.5 or #4 yet.

Edited by DannyGrip