Beef Builder Elite

amaury

Hi,

in bygone days BBE's were considered to be much harder than the #3's (of the post-Sorin era off course). So for those who bought or tried 2002/2001 BBE's: are they still harder than the current #3's ?

I'm seriously considering buying a BBE and a BBM to complete my gripper collection...I don't want to buy a new #3 cause i don't want to be sorely tempted to certify on the new one if he were to be easier (It's getting rather personal between i and my #3 ) ;)

Thanks,

Amaury.

Mine is harder (only a couple months old), others have them that arent. We all know its a crap shoot w/the grippers (all models). You'll just have to keep buying them until you get one that suits your needs. If one really wants grippers in smaller increments I'd suggest buying a #3 or #4 and modify it w/the washers, then you can make it as easy or hard as you want. I've even thought of having a set of custom handles made out of steel so you wouldnt have the "wear" problem w/the bolt and you could cut the washers directly from the handle. I bet Gazza's friend, who modified his gripper, could make that very easy.

I've even thought of having a set of custom handles made out of steel

Good idea...:)

Though i don't want to buy another #3 for the reason mentionned above so i would rather do that for the BBE...

As was mentioned previously, it's hit or miss. I would say mostly MISS these days because back a few years ago the BBE's were even chrome, wider, and almost ALWAYS harder than the majority of 3's.

Amuary

Just found out that you are from France,give Robert Baraban an

email on nightflight@uboot.com

He will be able to make you a gripper of your choice and he is in

Austria,which is a little nearer to you. :D

Either him or Warren Tetting.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I have a BBE , and it is harder than my #3. The handels are actualy closser on the BBE than the #3. But it has a different feel to it than the Iron Mind grippers do. The knurl is not as sharp and the chamfer on the end of the handel is bigger on the BBE than the #3 so you have to close it a bit farther.