Bk After Long Break

indiladhar

heya

ive been away from gym for a few months now, and am looking to get back into grip and weight training (beginning of september). just a Q or 2 on thickbar work really. it seems to be my achilles heel, and i figured that as im coming back, all my lifts are going to be lower anyway, i should just use a thickbar for all my lifts, and also throw things in like towel chinups. im sure quite a few of you have done something similar so id like some feedback, if at all possible, on how this might affect other grip training in general, and also whether gains in strength on the thickbar will be quicker through this approach. any other suggestions are always welcome!

just a quick note, its good to be back, this site is awesome :rock

i use thick bars sometimes,mine has no knurling so its very hard,chalk is a must,i ujsed to do thick bar chinups,by putting some pipe insulation over my chinup bar,makes it a thick bar to do your chinups on,very hard if u do them for high reps.