Hello All

hal9000

Hello All!

I've been a lurker for a short while - came to grip through bar/db -> kettlebells -> Grip Forum! I first learned about this forum when Tommy Heslep crushed potatoes on Jay Leno, and somebody on the dragondoor forum mentioned this place. I've been an increasingly frequent visitor since. I'm very impressed by the knowledge and strength of the GripBoard members.

About me:

37, projessional, 6'1" 180lb. In a nutshell, I look like Olive Oil and want to look like Popeye. bicep=14.5", forearm=12", wrist=6.5", hand (thumb to pinky max spread)=9". Functional strength is a very close second goal - I love the feeling of strong forearms and strong hands! I also like being able to roll up my sleeves. Working grip is just a lot of fun and I love doing it after my usual daily workout of Bar/Dumbbell work.

My Gripquipment:

IM Stacker (which I've just realized I can use for plate curls and wrist curls while using a collar on the shaft! - I'd love to hear how other people use this tool, especially since I am not crazy about using it for what it was designed for and love using it for everything else), COC Trainer, COC #1 (can only close 5X right/3X left hand max), and a standing wrist roller. I like the wrist roller & IM Stacker best - grippers for variety and portable workouts.

I look forward to hanging around here more, although I suspect it will be a long while before I'll have much to add. Feedback from all who have once been where I now am is very welcome.

Thanks,

-Gary

This is a great board with a wealth of information. Bill (Wannagrip) is a helpful guy and does a damn good job running this place. There are a bunch of awesome and freakishly strong guys who are willing to share training advice if you're willing to ask. I know that Ben (bencrush), Paul Knight, Teemu, Frank (Magnus), Mike (Hubgeezer), and John Beatty have all helped me with one thing or another. Be sure to look for Paul's video on youtube about how to set a gripper, it helped me close my #2 after having problems getting it right. You might even meet people close to you to get together and train with and learn from. I'm getting together with "cberg" from the board to learn a bit about steel bending and I met the dude here.