Matt Cannon

EricMilfeld

Cert is done!

My warm up felt incredible. I mashed my GM like I never have before. Then on to the cert.

The first attempt was a clear miss. Maybe 1/8" or so.

The second attempt was the best and worth submitting for judging, I think. It felt a lot like my trial run with my replica. Possibly a brief close.

The third attempt was another clear miss.

Overall, everything felt really good. Perfect conditions. We'll see how it goes! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• CoC#3

• EricMilfeld

• Magnus

Glad to hear there were no camera issues :)

The wait seems like forever, so take it easy over there.

Alright guys, I've watched my second attempt a million times and I have decided not to submit. Judging this attempt would have been a matter of searching for a good still and probably still making a judgment call. I have no doubt that I can train hard and get a solid close. I want to pass on a solid close. Thanks for all your support! I'll be signing up again soon! :D

For fun, this is how close I got. NEAR MISS.

Guest Bullitt

Wow Matt. You could have done a heck of a coin hold. Are you sure those aren't touching? Paper thin buddy. Valient effort. Next time for sure. :rock

Edited by Bullitt

When it is this close the best way to see if it is shut or not is to open the image in paint and invert the colors, so that the dark space inside the hand becomes bright. If you can see it through the handles, it is obviously shut.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=9084 like this

It is sometimes hard to be sure of a close on beefbuilders, because a few points of the knurling can sometimes 'touch' but not interlock. I remember this being one of the issues with Paul Knight's first MM3 attempt aswell.

Matt, you'll get it next time for sure.

Edited by CoC#3

Now thats close!

Great attempt Matt.

Keep training and the MM1 will be yours very soon.

Sam, the inverted colors look sweet! The gripper handles look like they're made from ice.

Eric, the gripper is headed back your way. :)

Matt, quit training with the IM CH block!

You'll do it just keep training.

Rico

My friend, I have to say I admire your integrity greatly! :rock

Next time, that gripper will not have any chance. I know my failures have given me better motivation than anything else.

Thanks everyone. It was extremely motivating to come that close. :D This was exactly the push I needed to take my training to another level. Which, next time, will hopefully be Mash Monster Level 1.

I felt it would be exciting to attempt the cert when it was a near-max effort. I succeeded in that because like I said before, this was as trip for me. (It also motivated me to get to a contest soon. It was like all this training I've been doing was validated. I'm guessing I would get the same rush from a contest.)

Next time, it's going to be a gory and unfortunate ordeal for that poor gripper.

WOW! That was so close Matt. Next time you'll be doing overcrushes for sure!

Dang, that was the closest I've ever seen a gripper get without closing. Still a great job Matt! I know you worked very, very hard to get there. And I'm sure you'll get way past that.