Adjustable Grippers

madknight

I've been looking around at the different kinds of grippers and have come across some adjustable grippers. I was wondering how they compare to each other, which one's you guys think are the better than others, and how they compare to regular grippers.

Some of the one's I've discovered so far are:

The RB Adjustable Gripper (also what's the difference in the black one and the chrome one?) - About $100 CAD with shipping (I think).

The Ivanko Super Gripper About $25 CAD without shipping.

I think the RB Adjustable would be more like closing a regular gripper than the Ivanko because of the handle, but that's just me making assumptions. I've been considering getting an RB adjustable, maybe if Wade restocks them I'll eventually get one. (which I think he will considering how fast they sold)

I have the original prototype for the RB adjustable gripper (an early version than the one Wade sells). I like it, the resistance feels very similar to a torsion spring gripper and there is a lot of carryover. In the near future i hope to get the Chrome one from Wade - looks great.

I have both the ISG and the RB and feel that the RB is much better for caryover to a torsion spring gripper. I should have them back in stock sometime next week - shipping from Austria is slow.

Edited by Wade Gillingham

I've been looking around for reviews of the RB adjustable and I came across

. While it's in a language I don't understand, the gripper looks a bit different than the one you seem to sell on your site. I'm mostly talking about the handles here. One handle looks normal but the other one looks different and seems to come with an extension (I guess to help with setting and assistance from the other hand??).

So I just was curious if this is the one that is being sold or if it just has regular gripper handles which the picture seems to suggest.

Also is there any difference between the black and the chrome besides the look and price? Like is there any design changes or is one harder than the other?

Hmm, strange, I thought I was able to edit my posts but the option seems to not be there...anyway.

I found out the difference. The one in the video is the De Luxe model while the one sold by Wade is the Gripmaster model. Correct?

Hmm, strange, I thought I was able to edit my posts but the option seems to not be there...anyway.

I found out the difference. The one in the video is the De Luxe model while the one sold by Wade is the Gripmaster model. Correct?

I couldnt view the video but yes RB offers a deluxe version with a pistol grip and extension for negatives. I offer the heavy duty model with standard handles (he also offers a light duty model which we do not carry).

I couldnt view the video but yes RB offers a deluxe version with a pistol grip and extension for negatives. I offer the heavy duty model with standard handles (he also offers a light duty model which we do not carry).

Thanks for clarifying.

So any more opinions on the RB adjustable grippers? Pros or cons? What you like or don't like about it?

Thanks for clarifying.

So any more opinions on the RB adjustable grippers? Pros or cons? What you like or don't like about it?

They have a different feel to them than regular torsion grippers. The force increase is linear - no surprises at the end from spring friction, rotational forces on the handles, etc., that make torsion spring grippers hard to calibrate accurately. The way I train with them - primarily no set - builds my starting strength and sweep more than a regular gripper and trains me to fight out the close - which you can do with an adjustable gripper even when it slows to a crawl. I think the RB Adjustables are great tools in your arsenal but by themselves won't make you great with torsion spring grippers. But I also think their is a certain limit you reach with only TS grippers that is hard to progress from and the adjustables might just help to jump start the progress again.

Wade

Thanks for clarifying.

They have a different feel to them than regular torsion grippers. The force increase is linear - no surprises at the end from spring friction, rotational forces on the handles, etc., that make torsion spring grippers hard to calibrate accurately. The way I train with them - primarily no set - builds my starting strength and sweep more than a regular gripper and trains me to fight out the close - which you can do with an adjustable gripper even when it slows to a crawl. I think the RB Adjustables are great tools in your arsenal but by themselves won't make you great with torsion spring grippers. But I also think their is a certain limit you reach with only TS grippers that is hard to progress from and the adjustables might just help to jump start the progress again.

Wade

Thanks for the little review. I definitely plan on using TS grippers along with the adjustable but I think the adjustable will be very important in bridging the gap between grippers. I like the ability to also use it to build starting strength and sweep.