Matt Graham Photo

Kevin Fulton

THere is a pretty cool photo of Matt Graham in the latest issue of Pure Power magazine doing a one hand pinch lift with 100 lbs. The middle of the plates are about waist level. The photo was taken at the Super Grip Challenge. Matt was doing a high pull with this weight and he did make it look pretty easy. He is also wearing one of the competiton t-shirts from the previous year. The picture was with an article that pertained to training wrist/forearm strength. Also there was a picture of our Inch DB replica in another article in the magazine that was about DB training.

Anyway--Some good exposure for the grip world. The editor (Dr. Dan Wagman) was one of our sponsors and also competed in the grip contest this year. He is a former world record holder in the bench press with 485 at 181 lbs with no shirt. He totaled around 1900. He stopped by this weekend on his way through the area ( he's from Colorado Springs) and we trained together. He did 225 X 3 on curls (not strict) but with moderate swing. Even though I rarely do these, I was foolish enough to work in but he lost me around the 200 mark. I did kick his but on the anvil lifts though, deadlifting 150 lb. anvil by the horn which was a PR for me. He's very intense, wish I could train with him all the time.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Kevin