Top Roll Hooters 2009

mightyjoe

Ron Bath beat Richard Lupkes 3 matches in a row, RH.

Eric Brown beat Chris Chandler 3 matches in a row, RH.

Ethan Fritsche won 3 straight RH against Jeremy Plaster

and Jeremy Plaster won 3 straight LH.

They flipped a coin to see if the lightweight title would be a

RH match or LH match. Ethan won the flip and the RH match.

Ethan won lightweight title.

Ron Bath looked STRONGER than ever.

Eric Brown crushed Chandler.

Great Super Matches!!!

So much for Chandler saying he can hang with European AWers like Arsen.

Hey I got all my picks right, and won $2 betting on the matches (lol, I only bet $1 for 2 different matches, 1 on Eric 1 on Ron - and on the NE Board they call me a nutswinger :rolleyes)

Ron and Rich - match one Ron is winning but Rich is holding him with a straight wrist, they slip, in the straps, Rich holds him just above the pad for a while with a straight wrist (I was worried Rich may get hurt, I have never seen Rich hold somebody before in a losing position, he either wins or if he loses the match doesn't ever stop from what I've seen). 2nd match same thing and slip but they call foul in a losing position (which was a good call). 3rd match Ron wins a little quicker.

Eric vs. Chris - first match, Eric's faster but Chris stops him in a hook just above the pad. Holds him there for a few seconds, it looked like he might come back but he wasn't strong enough to pull Eric back up and over. 2nd match, Eric wins in a second with a quick toproll. 3rd match same as first.

Ethan vs. Jeremy - Left, every match Ethan hits first and gets his shoulder behind his arm but isn't strong enough to push Jeremy arm down, Jeremy comes back with some difficulty and pins Ethan. Right, if I remember correctly, first 2 matches Ethan hits first and gets his shoulder behind and is able to push Jeremy's arm down with difficulty. Last 2 matches (because of the coin flip match they go right 4 times) Ethan hits first and at first is in his shoulder press but then switches to a toproll and Jeremy can't stop it because of his finger.

In the tournament, 155-176 lbs. class, Ethan gets first left and Jeremy 2nd, Ethan beats him twice. In the overall, Jeremy wins (cause he also pulled 154's) after Bill Logsden beats Scott Fleming, Ethan beats Bill, Jeremy beats Ethan (they were all long matches and wore each other out). I got 2nd left in the 0-154 lbs. class and was very happy because it took Jeremy 3 hits to pin me and even though he went in 2 weight classes + a supermatch, for me to hold him at all is something I thought would never happen at this point in my AW career. :)

Also in the tournament: Plaster wins 154 lbs. left and overall left, 176 left Ethan, 198's Bill Logsden, 220's Scott Fleming, supers ???. Right 154 it was one of the twins from team toproll (don't know their names), 176's some guy I'd never seen before from St. Louis won beating Ethan twice, 198's Bill Logsden, 220's Chandler, supers and overall Nick Zinna.

Next event is September 5th and these matches are NOT confirmed but were brought up - Travis vs. Ron, Nick Zinna vs. Eric Brown at 225 (Nick's 232 now, told me the lightest he's been since 7th grade), Plaster vs. Ethan rematch (because they tied really).

Edited by Josh H

Good going Josh!

Plaster is GOOD!

How long you been AW Josh?

Thanks,fFirst tournament was May 2008 and first practice was at the end of June 08.

WOW! You're doing really well Josh.

Stay with it, you'll go far in the sport.

This was the most fun I've had at a tournament! First, this was collectively the hottest gaggle of Hooter's girls I've seen, That manager is doing it right! Then, I got to meet Rich Lupkes and Ron Bath and they were both very nice and allowed me to get a picture with them. I know Rich's back was hurt and I almost didn't ask him but I saw other people stopping him and figured the worst he can say is no. He replied with "of course" and took a couple pics with me. These will definitely be blown up and framed and on the wall of honor at my future old man gym :D

I've got the pics in my gallery for those that are interested

I took 2nd in the open tournament to Bill Logsdon. He flashed me both matches and I just had no answer for his hand, his speed, and probably not his arm, but who knows he beat me so fast I don't think either one of our arms felt a thing :D I think I can bring my speed up considerably by not attempting The Pork Tenderloin Challenge prior to the next tournament (~8"x12" pork tenderloin sandwich and a pound of waffle fries) :D but his hand and arm will still own me I"m sure. Guess I'll have to develop a hook for him because I can't ever see competing with his hand..hook...blah :dry

All I can say is, what a great sport; Bill was telling afterwards how I was setting up all wrong for him and what I need to do different and his training moves, a great sportsman to say the least and the two legends, after doing supermatches in 100 degree heat and Rich with a busted up back, agree to take pictures for no charge. Awesome tournament Woody! :rock:rock I hope I can make the next one!

P.S. All you Eric Brown haters...SUCK IT!

Great stuff jad! How many peolpe were in your class? I still can't get over how Richard makes you look so tiny... I don't think I'd ever want a picture with Rich, I'd look like a newborn!! Hah.

Great stuff jad! How many peolpe were in your class? I still can't get over how Richard makes you look so tiny... I don't think I'd ever want a picture with Rich, I'd look like a newborn!! Hah.

I don't know I was concentrating on not throwing up that tenderloin :D. I had a bye, beat the next guy, lost to Bill, beat the next guy, and then lost to Bill in the finals

Great job at the tourney Josh! Wish I wasn't working man, I would've come down to watch you. And blasted "You're The Best."

This was the most fun I've had at a tournament! First, this was collectively the hottest gaggle of Hooter's girls I've seen, That manager is doing it right! Then, I got to meet Rich Lupkes and Ron Bath and they were both very nice and allowed me to get a picture with them. I know Rich's back was hurt and I almost didn't ask him but I saw other people stopping him and figured the worst he can say is no. He replied with "of course" and took a couple pics with me. These will definitely be blown up and framed and on the wall of honor at my future old man gym :D

I've got the pics in my gallery for those that are interested

I took 2nd in the open tournament to Bill Logsdon. He flashed me both matches and I just had no answer for his hand, his speed, and probably not his arm, but who knows he beat me so fast I don't think either one of our arms felt a thing :D I think I can bring my speed up considerably by not attempting The Pork Tenderloin Challenge prior to the next tournament (~8"x12" pork tenderloin sandwich and a pound of waffle fries) :D but his hand and arm will still own me I"m sure. Guess I'll have to develop a hook for him because I can't ever see competing with his hand..hook...blah :dry

All I can say is, what a great sport; Bill was telling afterwards how I was setting up all wrong for him and what I need to do different and his training moves, a great sportsman to say the least and the two legends, after doing supermatches in 100 degree heat and Rich with a busted up back, agree to take pictures for no charge. Awesome tournament Woody! :rock:rock I hope I can make the next one!

P.S. All you Eric Brown haters...SUCK IT!

Hey Josh dont feel bad Bill is a good very technical guy he has a big hand for a smaller guy and know's how to use it well. I would try diving inside he's not as good in a hook but with your wrist and hand i would think u could clamp down and flattin him out. But he is a toprollin fool CONGRAD'S MAN !!!!

No, seriously: Hooters is a real place???

Definitely. My mom works there. It's about the only quality time we get these days.