Pliar Lift With Heavy Poundages

Tom of Iowa2

I just did a search on pliars and pliar lift and found only info on pliar chinups.

So if this is something already discussed just let me know how to find the thread.....

We are thinking about just cutting a 4"X4"piece of 1/4 or 3/8" inch steel(whatever scrap we find),putting a hole in it and adding a a hook to it and then useing a Iron Mind Loading pin and seeing how much we can lift by holding on to the pliars(obviously a high quality heavy duty pair of pliars)Seems like a 'work'related grip test..

Anybody have any experiences with this?

I did it with a strap and managed 40 lbs quite easily. Your big boys will lift much more than this. Be sure to use a high quality pair of pliers because cheap ones bend under pressure.

Thanks Tou.

Suprised more don't do it...seems like the working mans test of power...sort of like guys playing with sledges and axes at the job site......

we hope to make it with a simple piece of steel and a hook that way wit will be EZ to compare with others...oh yeah..definitely need a tough pair of pliars..it's always fun to accidentally crush and bend a pair when some one asks you for a 'hand'.....

maybe we'll try on a strap too?

You may want to try searching for "plier" or "pliers". Pliers have been discussed here in reference to wire cutting, hammer curls, and nail crushing.

yes-all in the spelling...thanks.

we are still going to make a specific 'apparatus :D ' so as to use the two basic types of pliers for lifting the IronMind weight pin...EZ ier to photograph...and document what we are doing...then perhaps lifting a bucket?we'll figure itout.

just a matter of getting the appropriate thickness of scrap steel and drilling a hole...also getting the right pliers.

I did it with a strap and managed 40 lbs quite easily.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you just saying you lifted 40lbs easily with pliers??

Sorry i'm just interested in your plier lifting...

Tom,

Another way to some do it here (discussed in another thread somewhere) was to wrap two straps of leather, nylon, etc around your oly bar and deadlift w/them w/a plier in ea hand. I guess you could do your pinching like that too (thumb and index finger only). Towels might work also. Lets see some more photos.