Unique?

Gripper42004

I thought of one to night at work as I was read John's new book but I've not tried it yet. Place your hand palm up on a table put a plate over your hand. You should see your palm through the whole. Raise the plate by closing your hand. Finger press? I hope this ain't in the book :( I am only on page 60. I think I will go try it. :yikes

I doubt it's original, but gripping that 2 inch diameter, revolving sleeve on a standard olympic bar is quite difficult with a bit of added weight. It seems to work best if a 45 is on the other end of the bar. Just pick up the one end a few inches off the floor and hold.

Actually Eric, I do this exercise too. My best so far is 4 plates and a 25 to full deadlift and I did 5 plates a few inches off the ground. I don't put plates on the other side.

I used to make a fist against the padded pec deck area,

and then open my hand, forcing my fingers to push the

pad a couple of inches.

Do not thrust with the forearm- only the fingers move.

So your fist is where the forearm ususally goes, but I stand

facing the machine, and begin with the stack of weights

elevated a little bit, so the 'slack' is taken out of the very

first part of the movement.

'stack ofweights' should not be interpreted as the entire

stack in my case :blink

Be ready for onlookers to under appraise your sanity. :laugh

Hammer curls with a sledge hammer. I grab the handle at a length so that in the down position the head of the hammer just touches the ground and then leaver/hammer curl the sledge 180 degrees to the up position. I do them to failure and then choke-up on the handle a bit and repeat....

mike m.

I've been working on a string lift as brookfield reccomended and Saxon listed in one of his books. I use a closeline instead for durability. I can lift 60lbs and hold it for over 10 seconds with my elbow posting off my hip but a strict muscle out from the should leaves me struggling with 35-38lbs(depending on the day). It's an excellent exercise, I highly reccomend it.

Jon@han