Warren Tetting Gripper Difficulty Question.

Dak Ink

Im new to grippers and started with some heavy grips. My wife bought me a Warren Tetting gripper for my birthday( It says B-130 on the handles). I loved it and went and bought 3 more so I can work on them. I bought a SA-165,M-190 and SM-235.

Now here is my question. I can close the B-130 like 10 times but I cant even close the SA-165 once(like 1/8 inch to go). I know there is a jump but this seemed a bit too much to me.So I went online and looked at the ratings for Tetting grippers and a B should be 110, and the 130 should be an A for Advanced...So what gripper do I have? Im guessing I have a B gripper with the wrong poundage? Any thoughts?

Edited:I found her receipt. she ordered a 110-B. weird... so are these types of errors collectors items or ? <shrug>

Edited by Dak Ink

Im new to grippers and started with some heavy grips. My wife bought me a Warren Tetting gripper for my birthday( It says B-130 on the handles). I loved it and went and bought 3 more so I can work on them. I bought a SA-165,M-190 and SM-235.

Now here is my question. I can close the B-130 like 10 times but I cant even close the SA-165 once(like 1/8 inch to go). I know there is a jump but this seemed a bit too much to me.So I went online and looked at the ratings for Tetting grippers and a B should be 110, and the 130 should be an A for Advanced...So what gripper do I have? Im guessing I have a B gripper with the wrong poundage? Any thoughts?

Edited:I found her receipt. she ordered a 110-B. weird... so are these types of errors collectors items or ? <shrug>

I'm betting that he stamped it wrong and yes it's probably worth hanging onto. Just measure the wire size if you can get your hands on a caliper and compare to the Tetting gripper specs on the Gripper Superstore site. I would guess you have a Beginner and need an Advanced.