Wrong Setting... Will It Work...?

Gripmasters

It is 23:16 and I just wanted to go to bed, just sitting there with my slow digesting protein shake in my hand and in the other hand a coc#2 gripper. I was not training because I have an off day, but just staring at them and wondering how I can gain power..

I suddenly got a new training idea, please let me know if it could work. I had to put on the computer for this and to share it on the gripboard ofcourse!!

-take a gripper which is quite easy to close for you lets say you can do 7 reps with it. Place the gripper in your hand, and instead of putting it on the right place,(sweet spot) you put the handle more to your thumb.

-this is the most common mistake newcommers make right.... yes exactly you see you can't close this gripper anymore.. training like this will force your hands in another range and angle, so you will gain power on another place of your hand.

-Maybe this way you have some imitation of and extreme filled gripper??

Hope you try it and let me know..

I've been doing this from time to time and yes it's a good variation. I've just used a gripper that is hard enough for singles.

Practice makes perfect; practice setting a gripper and you'll gain strength.

It's nice for a change, just like doing box/front squats while your actual goal is to do regular competition squats, but I'm going with Teemu here, it's good variation.

Carrying heavy loads (ex. boxes, drywall) and/or using a hammer and drill for extended periods of time is the BEST way to gain added hand strength. Nothing has ever worked so good for me. Nothing gives your hands that kind of a pump. Just try it once for an afternoon you'll see what happens.

It is 23:16 and I just wanted to go to bed, just sitting there with my slow digesting protein shake in my hand and in the other hand a coc#2 gripper. I was not training because I have an off day, but just staring at them and wondering how I can gain power..

I suddenly got a new training idea, please let me know if it could work. I had to put on the computer for this and to share it on the gripboard ofcourse!!

-take a gripper which is quite easy to close for you lets say you can do 7 reps with it. Place the gripper in your hand, and instead of putting it on the right place,(sweet spot) you put the handle more to your thumb.

-this is the most common mistake newcommers make right.... yes exactly you see you can't close this gripper anymore.. training like this will force your hands in another range and angle, so you will gain power on another place of your hand.

-Maybe this way you have some imitation of and extreme filled gripper??

Hope you try it and let me know..

This is the same concept as "Table Top No Set" work. I do a lot of it and get good carry over.

I used to take a #1 and toss it from hand to hand and try to shut it as soon as it hit my hand however it landed in my hand in a good position or bad , didn't matter just start squeezing as soon as the gripper landed in my palm. I wanna say Casey was the one one who turned me on to this when we started training grippers again about a year and a half ago ... haven't done that in a while though. I believe changing it up all the time and being creative will help you take it to the next stage ..... good thinking

thanks everybody for the good comments and extra tips, I will work on it!

The way I've done this is that I position the gripper as it would be with no set, but I set the gripper to parallel anyway. Works better than actual no set closes if you ask me.